Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

windows 10 app login problem.

windows 10 app login problem.

i recendly had the popup that I were offline, even tho i had internet. After  closing the app and opening it again I was still offline. After logging out and back in again it I was still offline. so I re-installed the app.   When I enter my correct username and email with the correct password, nothing happens. 

There is a symbol that appears with a black circle and line through it.  I have selected the reset password and attempted that and it still does not work.  I have also uninstalled the app reinstalled the app several times and made a new account, that does not work.

I have also shut down my computer and restarted it several times.  When I select sign up on the login page nothing happens.

I can use spotify on my iphone PlayStation and the browser one.

Filehippo didnt work

Please help!

16 Replies

Hey @RobinRL15

That could be a network-related issue. It's both interesting and good you can use Spotify elsewhere. 🙂

I would suggest you try the following:

Reinstalling Spotify with additional steps

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.

2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Now reinstall Spotify.

Refreshing the network adapter settings can be helpful.

1. Open Command Prompt with Administrator rights and enter these, hit Enter after each line.

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /all
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

2. If the above didn't work yet, this one might. Open Command Prompt with Admin rights again and enter this

netsh winsock reset

Then you'll have to restart your computer to finish the resetting process.

Make sure that the Firewall and antivirus product are not blocking Spotify.

Let me know what happens 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

hey, after deleting all the spotify maps and resetting the networkadapter, i still cant login. How can i see if my antivirus is blocking spotify? 

@RobinRL15

What kind of antivirus are you running?

Can you recall any recent changes in your computer (installing new programs, changing something, some fancy errors, whatever)?

The following is worth a shot:

1. Right click on your network in the bottom right corner and click "Open Network and Sharing Center
  2. Under "Connections", click on your primary connection (either Wi-Fi or Ethernet)
  3. In the bottom-left of the popup window click on "Properties", then double-click on "Internet Protocol Version 4"
  4. Select the circle 'Use the following DNS server addresses"
  5. Input these numbers in the boxes
    Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8
    Alternate DNS server: 8.8.4.4
  6. Press "Ok" to confirm

Keep me posted 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

im running McAfee as the antivirus.

The thing with the DNS didnt work.

I recently downloaded the Epic games launcher, Fortnite, discord and an video editing program, but thats like 3 weeks ago, and this problem wasnt there then. I have been messing around with the toolbar layout. 

Maybe some important info, The problem started when i switched from wifi 1 to wifi 2. (i have my laptop on ethernet in my room on my own router. If i go downstairs it will connect automaticly to the other wifi, ever since i had the connection issue, ect ect) 

@RobinRL15

Right, that's interesting.

So when you cet connected to the other wifi or try the WiFi 1, does it work, or it's not working anywhere anymore? Are your other devices connected to the same WiFi as your computer?

My first suggestion would be restarting the router.

Routers have firewalls too. Mine warns that if I set the firewall level to 'High', I'll have to insert exceptions to the filtering list, otherwise I might not be able to access some internet services. Maybe your router is doing that.

I'd also suggest disabling the router's Firewall to see if you can use Spotify. Please enable it later!

Keep me posted. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

I cant get on the spotify app on any WiFi or ethernet. 

To my personal internet/wifi/ethernet are my IPhone, PS4 and my laptop connected. 

My own router doesn't have the firewall enabled, neither does the modem that it is connected to. But if that is the problem, why didnt started this problem earlier?

And i just noticed something weird about the Spotify app in my pc, it looks like there are stripes going across the screen. maybe a program error?

Spotify.png

@RobinRL15

Well, then the router doesn't seem to be an issue. That's actually pretty nice!

If it's a program error, I'd uninstall Spotify and try this one instead. It's an offline installer for Spotify.

Installing necessary Windows updates can be useful too. Windows 10 has drivers and all that rolling in through the Windows Update app.

Keep me posted 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

YESSSS, The offline installer did work!!!

first im going to enjoy my music, later ill update everything that can be updated

@RobinRL15

Awesome!

Just to clarify - which version of Spotify did you land on? 🙂 (check Help - About)

SebastySpotify Star

hey,

Im on version 1.0.42.151.g19de0aa6 becouse version 1.0.73.345 gives error 4 (the ofline error) even after updating widows. 

im on 1.0.42.151 becouse whatever i do, spotify will say NO CONNECTION if im on 1.0.73.345, even after the windows update.

@RobinRL15

Right! I was just checking if your Spotify is still something newer than 0.9.15. 🙂

The installer I gave earlier installed 0.9.15 on me. This one will install new Spotify. Sorry about this confusion!

It's a strange issue. Hopefully there's a fix for this in the new update.

SebastySpotify Star

after i closed my Spotify, it has updated it self so it shows again the no connection thing, what bout that? i get tiered  of reinstalling spotify

Hey @RobinRL15

That's a pretty annoyingly consistent issue, but don't worry, I'll try to help 🙂

To get to the bottom of the problem, could you please do these:

Give Aascreenshot of the message you get;

Try going to the web player to see if that works.

I did notice you said the web player worked, I just want to check if it still works fine. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

hey,

The webplayer still works fine.

the Screenshot is in dutch but the errorcode is 4.

Spotify 1.png

@RobinRL15

I suggest you to contact Spotify so the team can take a look at this backstage. You can contact them though the Contact Form or on Twitter (@SpotifyCares) or Facebook (SpotifyCares). 🙂

Note: if you choose the Contact Form and you receive a (no-reply) answer telling to visit the Knowledgebase or Community, reply back to it. You will be answered shortly, in a day or two.

If you manage to solve the issue, please let me know how you did it! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts