Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Problemas al reproducir musica

Llevo unas semanas en las que al reproducir cualquier lista o disco, me reproduce solo unos segundos de la cancion y me salta a la siguiente, haciendo exactamente lo mismo. He probado a cerrar la aplicacion en el ordenador y otros dispositivos y el p...

• Llevo unas semanas en las que al reproducir cualquier lista o disco, me reproduce solo unos segundos de la cancion y me salta a la siguiente, haciendo exactamente lo mismo. He probado a cerrar la apl...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloading playlist to desktop

When you've download a playlist to a computer is the song streamed if you're still connected to the Internet? I would like to download the songs and play them from my computer to save bandwidth.

• When you've download a playlist to a computer is the song streamed if you're still connected to the Internet? I would like to download the songs and play them from my computer to save bandwidth.
  • NormF
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Window does not maximize properly

When maximizing the Spotifiy window its content does not maximize properly to the rest of the screen.When I'm using spotify in a window it is working until a certain kind of resolution. (which is not known)I'm using a resolution of 2560x1440 on my pr...

• Casual Listener
  •   When maximizing the Spotifiy window its content does not maximize properly to the rest of the screen. When I'm using spotify in a window it is working until a certain kind of resolution. (wh...
  • Ianuarius
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 9 likes

Superuser Contribution New version of Spotify showing playlists that are not mine

Hi everyone This is really strange, I have a Premium account (not that it matters I geuss) and I just logged in on a personal computer on which I haven't used Spotify in a few months. I just started it, it updated and all my playlists are gone.What's...

• Regular
  • Hi everyone   This is really strange, I have a Premium account (not that it matters I geuss) and I just logged in on a personal computer on which I haven't used Spotify in a few months. I...
  • surfm0nk
  • Regular
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Desktop Queue

whats the fastest way to add a song to your spotfiy queue on desktop? 

• Casual Listener
  • whats the fastest way to add a song to your spotfiy queue on desktop? 
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Graphical Issue

For some reason when I open spotify on my Windows 10 PC I always see this. Can not figure it out to save my life. Any help would be great.

• For some reason when I open spotify on my Windows 10 PC I always see this. Can not figure it out to save my life. Any help would be great.
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Change Cover Image

For some reason, when I try to change the cover picture for one of my playlists, it won't let me. It keeps saying that the images I try using are 'too small' and that I need to use a 300x300. I've been trying to upload a 300x300 picture I have, and e...

• For some reason, when I try to change the cover picture for one of my playlists, it won't let me. It keeps saying that the images I try using are 'too small' and that I need to use a 300x300. I've be...
  • Radkrys
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Sound fluctuating over HDMI but not over auxillary or USB

I recently started having the infamous flucuation issue but not over my headphones (what I normally use). I have my PC connected to my TV in my bedroom for when I feel like listening to music or watching youtube or the likes as I don't actually own c...

• I recently started having the infamous flucuation issue but not over my headphones (what I normally use). I have my PC connected to my TV in my bedroom for when I feel like listening to music or watc...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

CPU Usage Spike from Dragging the Mouse over Spotify

I noticed that the highlighting of songs when the mouse is moving over them was pretty laggy. Turns out Spotify saturates an entire core on my i5-3330 whenever I'm moving the mouse over songs faster than two per second. Surely highlighting song title...

• Visitor
  • I noticed that the highlighting of songs when the mouse is moving over them was pretty laggy. Turns out Spotify saturates an entire core on my i5-3330 whenever I'm moving the mouse over songs faster ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing the moment I turn off the screen

Hi there,I've got a problem with my desktop PC and Spotify. My PC is connected to my TV because I use it as a multimedia station. So my TV is my normal screen. No problem playing music via Spotify then. But the moment I turn off the TV/Screen the mus...

• Hi there, I've got a problem with my desktop PC and Spotify. My PC is connected to my TV because I use it as a multimedia station. So my TV is my normal screen. No problem playing music via Spotify ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Search box on desktop

When i try to use the search box, it keeps giving me a message, "Your search did not match anything in our catalogue. Please ensure all words are spelled correctly. You could also try different or similar searches." It happens no matter what I type i...

• When i try to use the search box, it keeps giving me a message, "Your search did not match anything in our catalogue.  Please ensure all words are spelled correctly.  You could also try dif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong track on Desktop version

One More Light - One more Light Live (Linkin Park) has wrong track on Desktop.On the mobile version it plays the normal track but on Desktop vesion it plays a different one

• One More Light - One more Light Live (Linkin Park) has wrong track on Desktop. On the mobile version it plays the normal track but on Desktop vesion it plays a different one
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

"Start Minimized" has stopped working. Again

With the latest update to Spotify, the "Start Minimized" option has stopped working - Spotify always starts in the foreground. This bug creeps in every so often with a Spotify update, I don't understand why they can't build this into their regression...

• Music Fan
  • With the latest update to Spotify, the "Start Minimized" option has stopped working - Spotify always starts in the foreground.   This bug creeps in every so often with a Spotify update, I don'...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 12 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 12 likes

Spotify not working correctly

So I've been off my PC for a couple days and just got back on it today, and when I loaded up spotify and my video game to play, I noticed spotfiy wasn't working at all, I could still control the music via media keys and the screen wasn't frozen, but ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I've been off my PC for a couple days and just got back on it today, and when I loaded up spotify and my video game to play, I noticed spotfiy wasn't working at all, I could still control the musi...
  • archieives
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files not showing up in Spotify

My local mp3 format files are not showing up in Spotify. They show up in my PC music library and in Windows Media Player, and those are both turned on as local file sources in Spotify. I tried uninstalling Spotify from all my devices, then I reinstal...

• My local mp3 format files are not showing up in Spotify. They show up in my PC music library and in Windows Media Player, and those are both turned on as local file sources in Spotify. I tried uninst...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Media Keys not working for Spotify app

I have the spotifyu app installed on my PC and when I try to use the media controls on my Logitec G910 Keyboard, pause/play and skip works. However, the volume control wheel does not work.

• I have the spotifyu app installed on my PC and when I try to use the media controls on my Logitec G910 Keyboard, pause/play and skip works. However, the volume control wheel does not work.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't share to Twitter

I am unable to share any tracks or albums to Twitter. When I click share nothing appears on my twitter. Also when I copy an HTTP link and paste it in twitter all I get is the text of the album/track and no link. Any ideas? Thanks.

• Music Fan
  • I am unable to share any tracks or albums to Twitter. When I click share nothing appears on my twitter. Also when I copy an HTTP link and paste it in twitter all I get is the text of the album/track ...
  • dehliaaliyy
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

EDITING ARTIST LIST

Is there any way to edit the artist list on Spotify? It's kind of annoying scrolling through loads of artist who I follow one song to get to who I want. Thanks in advance!~~

• Is there any way to edit the artist list on Spotify? It's kind of annoying scrolling through loads of artist who I follow one song to get to who I want. Thanks in advance!~~
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

app is a bit too quiet.

the app for windows pc is quieter compared to the web player or my phone and it is kinda bothersome for me. is there any way to fix this?

• the app for windows pc is quieter compared to the web player or my phone and it is kinda bothersome for me. is there any way to fix this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes