Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Cannot submit a post to Playlist Exchange with linked playlist

As the subject line suggests, I cannot submit a post to Playlist Exchange with linked playlist. When I click "start a topic" and type in subject, message and link to playlist, and then click the I'm not a robot thing...I do not get a "post" button. W...

• Casual Listener
  • As the subject line suggests, I cannot submit a post to Playlist Exchange with linked playlist.  When I click "start a topic" and type in subject, message and link to playlist, and then click th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback settings do not save

For some reason, every time I try to toggle crossfade or try to set the same volume level for all songs, both of the options revert to off upon exitting spotify. How do I fix this? This is tremendously annoying. Windows 10

• For some reason, every time I try to toggle crossfade or try to set the same volume level for all songs, both of the options revert to off upon exitting spotify.  How do I fix this? This is trem...
  • jeffinkc
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Is it legal to download music covers?

Hallo. I see many people which downloading covers from spotify, but is this legal?

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo.   I see many people which downloading covers from spotify, but is this legal?
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I think my account was hacked!! Help ME

Hi there, I thhink my account is being used by somebody else I don't know. Recently my spotify on phone and laptop has been acting up. It does things such as:Skips the song randomlyPlays a different song (Toys by Mahmood Khan or something else that i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I thhink my account is being used by somebody else I don't know. Recently my spotify on phone and laptop has been acting up. It does things such as: Skips the song randomly Plays a differ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Uninstall bugged on Windows 10 and musics without the art

I tried to reinstall deleting the Spotify folder but didn't solved. Neither restarting the computer.

• Visitor
  • I tried to reinstall deleting the Spotify folder but didn't solved. Neither restarting the computer.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trying to remove Spotify.

I tried deleting it and IT IS STILL THERE. I mean, everytime I open my Windows it just shows up on start up. I don't want Spotify on my Windows 10. I tried the Control Panel trick and it didn't work because I had it deleted normally with the Right Cl...

• I tried deleting it and IT IS STILL THERE. I mean, everytime I open my Windows it just shows up on start up. I don't want Spotify on my Windows 10. I tried the Control Panel trick and it didn't work ...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stops when switching from local file to streaming file

Hey everyone !I have this weird bug, which doesn't happen every time but very often :When Spotify is reading a playlist where I have a mix of local files and "normal" streaming files, it stops when switching from a local file to a streaming file, or ...

• Roadie
  • Hey everyone ! I have this weird bug, which doesn't happen every time but very often : When Spotify is reading a playlist where I have a mix of local files and "normal" streaming files, it stops wh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

our country does not match the one set in your profile.

I have some problem on logining window spotify software. It says "Your country does not match the one set in your profile. To contuine to use UPDATE YOUR PROFILE or UPGRADE YOUR SPOTIFY ACCOUNT." , well i live in Taiwan but i use VPN to set my countr...

• I have some problem on logining window spotify software. It says "Your country does not match the one set in your profile. To contuine to use UPDATE YOUR PROFILE or UPGRADE YOUR SPOTIFY ACCOUNT." , w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local File Title Autocorrect

Hi,I've been adding some local files that aren't on spotify into my spotify playlist but when I do, it autocorrects to a different song by the same artist.I was adding a song called "Angel" (one that isn't on spotify) and it autocorrected the title t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've been adding some local files that aren't on spotify into my spotify playlist but when I do, it autocorrects to a different song by the same artist. I was adding a song called "Angel" (one ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify app on roku

I notice the spotify app is no longer available on I just suscribe for spotify music. So in the furture will the app be available again on roku.

• I notice the spotify app is no longer available on I just suscribe for spotify music. So in the furture will the app be available again on roku.
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Can't update my playlists. Help please

Hello, After the last update I can't drag&drop or even "ADD TO" anything to my playlists. (no 10.000 songs) There is some kind of playlists scanning or something because minute by minute more and more playlists are working as they should but I have m...

• Roadie
  • Hello,   After the last update I can't drag&drop or even "ADD TO" anything to my playlists. (no 10.000 songs)   There is some kind of playlists scanning or something because minute ...
  • TomorrowWeLive
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

similar playlist

Is there a way on the web player to see the "more like" option of playlists previously played?

• Is there a way on the web player to see the "more like" option of playlists previously played?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Freezes on Windows 7, uninstalling and ending it in task manager does not work.

Every time I try to open Spotify it opens and closes a few times and then completely lags the **bleep** out of my PC. I have uninstalled it throught deleting the App data (since it wouldn't uninstall by itself) but to no avail. At least I know now th...

• Every time I try to open Spotify it opens and closes a few times and then completely lags the **bleep** out of my PC. I have uninstalled it throught deleting the App data (since it wouldn't uninstall...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Where are the like buttons?

Hi there, Just wondering if I got this right. I read that you can "Like" tracks and that spotify will then play more tracks similar to the ones you "like" the problem is I can't find any like button in my desktop app. I have googled and searched ever...

• Hi there,   Just wondering if I got this right.   I read that you can "Like" tracks and that spotify will then play more tracks similar to the ones you "like"   the problem...
  • mamers
  • Casual Listener
  • 20 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 16 likes

Random songs in playlist start in the middle of the song

Odd thing that just started happening on my laptop, I was playing songs from the 'Bass Face' playlist and whenever I select to play a song, or a song finishes and goes on to the next one it will more often than not start the song anywhere from 30 sec...

• Odd thing that just started happening on my laptop, I was playing songs from the 'Bass Face' playlist and whenever I select to play a song, or a song finishes and goes on to the next one it will more...
  • weinerillan
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes

Spotify doesn't sync local files( "Waiting for download")

Hey Guys, I wanted to sync some local files from my pc to my phone, but the only message I get when I want to sync the files is "waiting for download". I already tried reinstalling the app and the pc client and turning off my firewall. Didn't work at...

• Hey Guys,   I wanted to sync some local files from my pc to my phone, but the only message I get when I want to sync the files is "waiting for download". I already tried reinstalling the app a...
  • Legitskillz82
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Combining a "starred" list with my saved songs

Just doing a bit of housework... Can I add my "starred" song list to my saved songs and just get a single list? How's it done?

• Regular
  • Just doing a bit of housework...  Can I add my "starred" song list to my saved songs and just get a single list?  How's it done?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Laptop freezes (Win10) every time I start & close Spotify

Hello, I have this problem with Spotify. As much as I love it, and stopped using my regular player cause of Spotify I'm recently experiencing a problem with starting Spotify and closing. I used program before but I switched to the one you can get fro...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have this problem with Spotify. As much as I love it, and stopped using my regular player cause of Spotify I'm recently experiencing a problem with starting Spotify and closing. I used progr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • freeze
    PC
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Laptop

Have subscribed to premium which works fine on my devices but only the free version appears on laptop. Have reinstalled and logged in but still the same. Any ideas please?

• Have subscribed to premium which works fine on my devices but only the free version appears on laptop. Have reinstalled and logged in but still the same. Any ideas please?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes