Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Click to play one song and it plays another

After the latest update to spotify desktop app on Windows, whenever I go to play a song from the "Artist From Your Music" page it doesn't play the song I clicked to play. Instead it just plays a random song. Turning shuffle off doesn't solve the prob...

• Regular
  • After the latest update to spotify desktop app on Windows, whenever I go to play a song from the "Artist From Your Music" page it doesn't play the song I clicked to play. Instead it just plays a rand...
  • wstrahan
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify doesnt work with DNS 4.4.2.1/4.4.2.2/4.2.2.1/4.2.2.2

Spotify doesnt work with DNS 4.4.2.1/4.4.2.2/4.2.2.1/4.2.2.2 ??Now i need to use DHCP to use spotify, and i cant open reddit because of this. FYI my ISP also blocked 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to open some restricted site on my country.Any work around?

• Spotify doesnt work with DNS 4.4.2.1/4.4.2.2/4.2.2.1/4.2.2.2 ?? Now i need to use DHCP to use spotify, and i cant open reddit because of this. FYI my ISP also blocked 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to open some re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium Question

Hi, I am thinking about upgrading from my free account to the Premium account.I read where it says download to listen offline. Does this give me the ability to download music and burn it to a cd or add it to my mp3 player? Or does anything I download...

• Hi, I am thinking about upgrading from my free account to the Premium account. I read where it says download to listen offline.   Does this give me the ability to download music and burn it t...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums always starting from the first song

Whenenver I click a song from any album it always plays the first song, to get to the one I want I have to click the next song button at the bottom. I asked around and no one else I know is having this issue. I did try reinstalling and deleting all m...

• Whenenver I click a song from any album it always plays the first song, to get to the one I want I have to click the next song button at the bottom. I asked around and no one else I know is having th...
  • Grouser
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify In-App Chat Missing

So, I noticed recently that I couldn't seem to find a way to access my old Spotify messages. How can I do this? Is it still possible? I had a lot of songs registered through my message log, and it would be a real shame to lose them.

• So, I noticed recently that I couldn't seem to find a way to access my old Spotify messages. How can I do this? Is it still possible? I had a lot of songs registered through my message log, and it wo...
  • renee228
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Removal of Copy Song Link?

I really don't understand why useful features keep getting removed. First Notifications, then messages, now copy song link? I don't want to have to click share then click copy to clipboard in order to send a link to a song. Your product team needs to...

• Music Fan
  • I really don't understand why useful features keep getting removed. First Notifications, then messages, now copy song link? I don't want to have to click share then click copy to clipboard in order t...
  • DigitalSea
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Last.FM connect - invalid username or password

Today, just randomly, I realized that I wasn't scrobbling anything so I checked Spotify (on Desktop) to see if my last.fm was still connected and it wasn't. When I tried to enter my user and pass, it says invalid username or password. Any help would ...

• Casual Listener
  • Today, just randomly, I realized that I wasn't scrobbling anything so I checked Spotify (on Desktop) to see if my last.fm was still connected and it wasn't. When I tried to enter my user and pass, it...
  • isidonis
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Pause then Resume delay on BT Headset

I'm running the latest version of Spotify 1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6 I'm running a fully updated Windows 10. My hardware is a Plantronics Voyagor Focus B825-M running the latest firmware. I have seen similar posts on the forum which are marked as solved, h...

• I'm running the latest version of Spotify 1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6   I'm running a fully updated Windows 10.   My hardware is a Plantronics Voyagor Focus B825-M running the latest firmware....
  • HetzeFetze
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Changing the picture (avatar) of playlist DOESN'T WORK

Hey!I tried to change the picture of my playlist and it doesn't work. It loads the picture, everything seems fine, then i click 'save' and nothing happens. I use windows 10 and of course it is a premium account.Thx for help

• Casual Listener
  • Hey! I tried to change the picture of my playlist and it doesn't work. It loads the picture, everything seems fine, then i click 'save' and nothing happens. I use windows 10 and of course it is a pr...
  • papst
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Full Page Spam Advert

I opened up Spotify on Windows 10 today (a slightly older version of spotify because I find issues with playback on more recent versions) and when browsing through a playlist I got a full page advert which is a scam beyond a doubt. It should be easy ...

• I opened up Spotify on Windows 10 today (a slightly older version of spotify because I find issues with playback on more recent versions) and when browsing through a playlist I got a full page advert...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting Songs from My Music

Okay guys... I have an issue that now completely messed up my music collection management.... Looking out for some ideas... I hit the 10000 song limit on my music (darn it, but that's another topic) then I thought okay let's move all the stuff back t...

• Okay guys... I have an issue that now completely messed up my music collection management.... Looking out for some ideas...    I hit the 10000 song limit on my music (darn it, but that's ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

problem with reproduction

I have this problem: if I want to listen only one track of an album (for example the third one), i clkick on it, but spotify starts reproducing the first one. Is it a new rule of free spotify or is only my spotify which has a problem?(sorry for my ba...

• I have this problem: if I want to listen only one track of an album (for example the third one), i clkick on it, but spotify starts reproducing the first one. Is it a new rule of free spotify or is o...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify skips to the first track of album/playlist when pressing play on any specific song..

Ever since the new update a few days ago, my Spotify player is acting rather weird. Doesn't matter what album or playlist I am listening to. If I hover my mouse cursor over any specific track on the list and click on the play button that appears next...

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since the new update a few days ago, my Spotify player is acting rather weird.   Doesn't matter what album or playlist I am listening to. If I hover my mouse cursor over any specific trac...
  • ngEdwin
  • 13 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 7 likes

Where we can see the notes from every update of Spotify?

Hi all, I'd like to know which are the notes/updates everytime that Spotify request you to update the application (PC). What are the changes they have implemented for every version?. Kind regardsJaime Borrás

• Hi all,   I'd like to know which are the notes/updates everytime that Spotify request you to update the application (PC). What are the changes they have implemented for every version?. &...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files syncing gone wrong (AGAIN AND AGAIN)

TL;DR: Local files' tab shows 99 songs of the 154 I have in my folder Local files have been a recurring problem for me lately. Last week I wanted to add a couple songs, so I closed Spotify, copied the songs to my "Music" folder, then from there to my...

• Casual Listener
  • TL;DR: Local files' tab shows 99 songs of the 154 I have in my folder   Local files have been a recurring problem for me lately. Last week I wanted to add a couple songs, so I closed Spot...
  • Meraj1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Incorrect song plays when I click a song in the "Artists" section of "Your Music"

On my PC desktop Spotify app, I can play songs successfully when using the "Songs" and "Slbums" sections of "Your Music". However, when I try to play the songs in "Artists", when I click, an incorrect song by the same artist is played and often the s...

• On my PC desktop Spotify app, I can play songs successfully when using the "Songs" and "Slbums" sections of "Your Music". However, when I try to play the songs in "Artists", when I click, an incorrec...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Premium won't work properly on laptop

Hi...I have had premium for a while now, but I am not able to choose which song I want on my laptop's download of spotify. If I try to pick a track from an album or list, the first and uppermost track will start playing no matter where I click. It wo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi...I have had premium for a while now, but I am not able to choose which song I want on my laptop's download of spotify. If I try to pick a track from an album or list, the first and uppermost trac...
  • asdr02n
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs starting from beginning of playlist

Anytime I go into a playlist and click on a song to play it just plays the song at the beginnning of the playlist. I have to hit the next button to move trough songs.Any reason why this is happening now?

• Casual Listener
  • Anytime I go into a playlist and click on a song to play it just plays the song at the beginnning of the playlist. I have to hit the next button to move trough songs. Any reason why this is happenin...
  • 66pac
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

recently purchased itunes songs won't play on Spotify

I am noticing that songs/albums that I recently purchased in itunes now won't play in Spotify. These are songs that previously played in Spotify with no problem.

• I am noticing that songs/albums that I recently purchased in itunes now won't play in Spotify. These are songs that previously played in Spotify with no problem.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover recommendations gone

This week on my PC's the "recommendations for you" under Browse - Discover tab are suddenly gone. It seems to be a problem with the service rather than some my set up or settings, because it's happenend on two different computers and platforms (my wo...

• Music Fan
  • This week on my PC's the "recommendations for you" under Browse - Discover tab are suddenly gone.  It seems to be a problem with the service rather than some my set up or settings, because it's ...
  • Gwynmara
  • 18 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 18 replies
  • 4 likes