Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error 408

Solved!

Error 408

Hi I've been a spotify user for a good few years, never had any problems but all of a sudden I'm getting login error 408. I've looked at a few of the posts here normally (login from abroad) but I'm not abroad. I've tried a reinstall  but no joy. Pls help. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Is your country set correctly in your online profile?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Is your country set correctly in your online profile?

Peter

Peter

Thanks for the welcome and advice. The problem was I used my brothers cc to pay last time and his is an English. So all fixed. Thanks again. 

Hi i used spotify in America but I moved to South Korea. Ill be here for a few years spotify used to work it suddenly its giving me the error 408.

I checked it out it my spotify profile says I'm in America but I can't change it to South Korea... Please help

Hi i used spotify in America but I moved to South Korea. Ill be here for a few years, spotify used to work on my ipad but now it suddenly its giving me the error 408.

I checked it out it my spotify profile says I'm in America but I can't change it to South Korea... Please help

@user-removed wrote:
Hi i used spotify in America but I moved to South Korea. Ill be here for a few years, spotify used to work on my ipad but now it suddenly its giving me the error 408.

Spotify is not yet available in South Korea, so you won't be able to change your country to there. 

If you have a US payment method (credit card) then you can subscribe to premium/unlimited which will allow you unlimited abroad access, but you won't be able to use Spotify on a free account whilst you are there.

Peter

Peter

Hi! I moved from Spain a couple years ago and changed my settings to US, where I currently live. I am premium and never had any problem, but it gives me this error 408 saying that I'm out of my country. Still, with premium that shouldn't be an issue. Anyone can help? Thanks guys! M

Suggested posts