Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify thinks I'm in the wrong country. Can't change country

Solved!

Spotify thinks I'm in the wrong country. Can't change country

I can't get spotify to go online because it thinks I'm in the wrong country. My profile says, that I'm from the USA, but I never made that setting. I'm from germany and have a german IP. I can't change my country in my profile on my own, because its greyed out. Please change the country to germany. My Accountname is fernetbranco

Thank you.

176 Replies

Hi, I'm having same problem, created the account in Spain now im back home in Ireland and it says I cannot use the account abroad for more than 14 days 😕

Hi there,

Try changing the country in your profile to Ireland. See if that does the trick. Ireland is in the list of countries where Spotify is available. 

I'm a Spotify community newbie aspiring to be a Rock Star.

If my post helped you out, please accept it as a Solution and/or give it a Kudos.

Thank you. 🙂

Hey
I had the same problem, i couldn't log in with my android app because apparently I'm in Australia although I'm german so I did as i was told and changed my account to Australia.
It's a bit cheaper though.
But almost all my songs are blocked so i want to change it back again.
Also i don't understand why i had to pay again after i changed the country.

Also I don't understand why i payed the full price and almost every song of my playlist is blocked.
Can i get a refund for this?

Hi @melonee,

I recommend getting in touch with Spotify Support by going here so they can check your account.

If my post helped you out, please accept it as a Solution and/or give it a Kudos.

Thank you. 🙂

Hey, i won't get any help there.

if you receive an automated response after you submit your request, just reply back so the Support Team can get it.

Thank you. 🙂

Please could you help with mine too! i'm in England and for some reason it has changed to USA even though i haven't left 😕

Hi Bethany2,

Welcome to the community!

Can you check your IP address here. Make sure its England and not USA. The only time it won't let you change it is when your IP adrress in from a different country. 

Hope this helps.

Thank you. 🙂

Hi..i want to start my spotify with facebook in my mobile phone but it says that im in different country i live between mexico and spain...i was the past 4 months in mexico ..now im 4 months in spain...what can i do to access?

i replyed to spotify.prod|414a0e6b|78e519e7-51f6-4a7e-beda-8a160d832b31@reply02.lithium.com
also i canceled my premium and i'm waiting untill it runs out. If i won't change me to Germany i'll change to google play.
I had it for almost a year and i was always happy. But if they they treat me like that they shouldn't be surprised to lose me as a customer.

Hi, I have the same problem to. I'm currently from Philippines and Spotify says that I'm from HongKong (I've never been there.)

It's really annoying cause when I play some certain music it says that the music is not playable on HongKong. Can you please tell me the solution for this problem cause I really like using Spotify. (I'm not a premium user)

Can I get help too? Spotify thinks I am in Colombia, because I was there on vacations when I dowloded the app, but I would like to keep Brazil as my home base. Additionally, I don't know what happened the other day,  but I lost all my music and playlists and it doesn't show on the "Recover playlists" options 😞 Very frustrated. 

Hey guys!

Welcome to the community!

have you tried changing your country setting in your profile page yet? Also make sure you're IP address shows the country you're currently at. You can check it here.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Thank you. 🙂

Spotify doesn't allow me to change countries. It just shows Colombia and
doesn't allow me to pick a different one.

Well the same is happening to me... I live in Adelaide SA and I really like music... It keeps me happy!

My account name is Chronic_Hepatitis
Sorry for the bad name.. it was a dare

Hello! the country in the settings is france (I don't even know how it happened as I have never lived there) and I can't change the country as it only shows France. can you please change it to uk? I logged in through Facebook my name is Aliya Zakiyeva and email Azakieva@gmail.com

I have similar problem, I was living in Barcelona but recently moved to Quito, Eciador and i can't longer log in with my facebook acount. I miss Spotify badly!! Can you reset my location to Quito? The email address that I use to log in with facebook is angelica_mac66@hotmail.com

i have the same problem i can't open my spotify account because it's says "you can oly use spotify abroad for 14 days" can please someone help me

Hello, my username is irembayrak and I live in Turkey and my country setting is also set as Turkey yet spotify keeps telling me that I'm in another country so I can't log in. Please help me fix this problem. 

Suggested posts