Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't add to the queue

Can't add to the queue

After loading the latest update (version 1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9), it cleared my queue and now won't let me add anything new to the queue. I've tried right clicking from my history, from new albums, anywhere. I can play music directly but can't seem to add anything new to the queue.

Any ideas?

80 Replies

I'm getting the exact same thing. 

Right click, add to queue, look at queue - nothing

Spotify is getting pretty dissapointing. Last update my queue wouldn't show changes (new songs, moving order etc) now there's just no queue.

I think I figured it out. Sptify, because they are awesome......., want you to always have "next tracks" so music keeps playing and they get more money. So start a playlist and then you will be able to use your queue again. Though you will have to delete all the songs you've been trying to add as they only appear when you have "next tracks" 

Fingers crossed I can find something better than spotify soon. 

Well, it half-worked. Starting a playlist suddenly showed part of my queue. But I still can't add or remove any and it cuts off at 50. So, just a step above useless.

God I miss Lala.

I have the same problem on Windows 7 64-bit. Updated, empty queue. Can't add anything to the queue.

I also had the problem described by Reys where the queue would not show any changes (reordering, adding or removing tracks). It only updated when a new track started playing.

Really disappointed that this most basic feature no longer works.

Me too! Update working great but after that..  que (before updating) is empty and can't add to que. Then make workaround and a playlist "Quelist",  after adding 30+ songs to playlist and start playing, suddenly que is back! Now I want to play Quelist and clear que..  (select all - remove) nothing seems to happen but after the song changes and clicking history - que - history,  the que is empty as I NOW wanted and can play the list. The lag in click que - history - que is annoying! up to immediate to 30 sec. The green bar goes like Knight Rider's KITT front light. You can almost hear that sound while waiting something to happen. When the changes happen immediately, que and changes (sorting - remove - add) works fine, but when a lag comes up, changes wait song to change + huge lag and blinking back and forth.

I seriously thought the playlist lag issue was just me.  It seems like this is the only application the continues to get worse with each update.

I have the exact same problem; after the newest update (1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9), Spotify won't let me add to the queue. Not through right-clicking, not by dragging songs to the queue icon in the bottom bar. Extremely irritating. Please let there be a fix for this in the pipeline, because the workaround upthread isn't exactly something that works with the way I use the player.

So, I'm noticing that as I work my way through the queue that appeared (after starting to play a playlist), things I added (but didn't know I added) are starting to appear. Only 50 items show and they don't update until you do something else (like leave the queue and come back). Same thing for deleting tracks.

So the queue seems to be working (to a degree) but the DISPLAY of the queue isn't. 

But you darn well know that the ads are still working ... repeatedly.

I have just discovered this too! It would seem that tracks are being added to the queue but are unseen until a playlist is started.The queue is then populated both with the items added directly to the queue and all the items in the playlist. Then there seems to be no way of clearing the queue to start again with only the playlist contents.

The recent upgrades have been a disaster and just when things were getting better the Spotify idiots break it again!!

I have wrote to spotify about this and they said this works. However they are correct it works only if I want to play from a Play List, or Album. However I just want to be able to right click add to queue whether I am playing from an album or not so therefore this feature DOES NOT work.

Please Spotify FIX YOUR JUNK!!! Everytime you UPDATE you always REMOVE features.

You can't tell me what I can / cannot listen too... If I want to only listen to 1 song I should be able to do so... There is no reason why I have to choose a album or have an album/playlist playing just to add to the queue..... So please bring back so users can add to queue like how it was...

UGH!!!

Hi everyone,

If you're having problems with this, can you let us know the following:

• Your version of Spotify (check from the About option in the top menus).
  • Are you trying to queue an individual track or an album?
  • A brief description of what's happening when you try to queue a track.

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Adam,

This is happening on 1.0.7.157.
If I start up spotify and nothing is playing - I find a song right click add to queue and nothing happens...

The only way since this 1.0.7 update is to play an album or start from a playlist and then add to queue then it works...

However we as users shouldn't have to play by albums / playlists just to choose 1 SONG!!!

We should be able to listen to 1 song at a time if we WISH like before which isn't happening...

I cancelled my membership like I argued in Twitter until this is FIXED.

So once again... I should be able to start spotify nothing on the play area, and right click any song and add to queue but the only way the queue will show up is after I start from a playlist or album, which is STUPID!!!! like your forcing me to listen to songs I don't want to listen too.

I hope this helps adam at least from me...

OK, I'm idealistic enough to tell you how to reproduce this in a vain attempt to get it fixed faster...

(Although this should be easy enough to troubleshoot on your own without it...)

I'm on 1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9

Start with empty queue (by the way, this isn't easy, so if you've never tested it this way, I can't be surprised)

Click on track - drag to queue icon ("+" appears) - drop - no dice

Right-click on track - select "Add to Queue" - no dice

NOTHING happens.  Queue remains empty forever all time

No, I'm not going to queue an album because I don't want any stupid "Next Tracks" in there and Spotify inexplicably has no mechanism for emptying my queue completely

No, I'm not going to start a playlist for the same reason

I get no results whether I'm trying to add one track or an entire album/playlist's worth

It's super no fun

Thanks for reading

I'm using the 1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9 version of Spotify.

I'm trying to queue individual tracks.

Same as everyone else: Right-click to add to play queue and nothing shows up in the play queue.  Previously, you would have to switch between the History and Queue lists to get items to show up because there was some kind of lag that would cause the Queue to hang up and not show changes you've made to the play queue.

Much like the others, I don't want to start an album or playlist in order to hear one song.  The only reason I choose to use Spotify to stream music is the control I have (had) over my play queue.  WIth each update, I lose more control.  If this is how it's going to be, I might as well switch over to Pandora.

Hi,

I have the same issue as above I am on this version 1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9 on W7 32BIT Machine

I am only able to see tracks in the queue when I have a playlist open 

I am trying to add individual tracks

Thanks,

Joe

• This happens with the current version 1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9 on Windows 7 64-bit, although the previous version also had problems updating the display of the queue (i.e. would not change when tracks were added or moved around). As the current version blanked the queue when it first started, there is no way to use my usual method of letting a track finish so that the queue actually shows a change. I actually had to look at this thread to get the idea of starting a playlist to force the queue to update. 1.0.4 works fine for me.
  • Any method (right-clicking, clicking the (...), will seem to fail to add track to the queue.
  • Nothing. Nothing seems to happen.

I found that double-clicking on a track in album view (so the rest of the album is forced into "Next tracks"), somehow made the queue start displaying properly. Although I had obviously tried this before all the other things I tried (uninstalling, deleting local settings, reinstalling, etc.) and it didn't work then.

I think it's more that the queue isn't being displayed properly, especially if you have no "next tracks". As there is currently no way I know of for the user to empty "next tracks", it's difficult to say how to reproduce this. Only those with a new install will be presented with "Your queue is empty".

Moogsi: There's a workaround for emptying your queue completely:

* Make a "Clear Play Queue" playlist with only one track (I use a short one; a fifteen second interlude from a Doomriders album).

* Start playing that playlist (ie. make it your current playlist))

* While the track is playing, right-click it and remove it from the playlist

* When the track ends, your queue will be empty as the day it was born

* Re-add the deleted track to your Clear Queue playlist, and it's ready for you to use the next time around.

And yes, I would love for there to just be an actual clear queue function in Spotify, or a box to tick in preferences that toggles whether or not the program clears your queue on shutdown.

(Edited to correct typo)

Adam;

My version is 1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9, on 64-bit Windows 8.

The description given by CRZ above is spot on for me.

In addition, I've tried queuing an album both by right clicking it, and by dragging it to the queue icon, and nothing happens. My blank queue stays blank.

Like some of the others, I have no interest in all the stuff that happens when you double click a track to start it playing, I want control over my queue. I'm really hoping the decision to take away that control isn't a conscious one, and that this is fixable.

This now seems to be fixed for me? Anyone else the same?

Update: Gone back to not working again!!!

Suggested posts