Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Samsung Smart TV] Spotify doesn't work

Solved!

[Samsung Smart TV] Spotify doesn't work

Sent a message sometime ago, but don't see it appearing here.

Once more;

Got a Premium account registered with a name and a pasword (not a Facebook). Tried to use the app on my Samsung ES7000. From thre attepmts to use it got the following messages:

1. There seemed to be a problem with my account, needed to visit www.spotify.com/samsung. Tried again

2. Could log in, could find the music, but couldn't play any - an erros message (I guess an ID2 or something), Tried to log in again

3. Got the message again, that there is a problem with my account, needed to visit www.spotify.com/samsung. Visited. Nothing - Premium account is active, nothing wrong, no messages or warnings.

Posted a message to the forum - it didn't apprear. Got a message that I have a private message and to read it I need to follow the link and press on the envelope. No envelope to press on when I follow the link. Can't find anything that looks like private message box.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok here is how to fix this issue.. get on a desktop or a android phone.. and create a small playlist or star a couple songs.. then it will work..

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

For some the upgrade isn't working.. creating a playlist or staring a couple songs has fixed mine a a lot of others

Marked as solution

Also I already have playlists and starred items but do I need to add new ones to get that fix to work?

Marked as solution

Try to update when you are not on smarthub. And then you reinstall spotify. Worked for me! (have had this problem a long time)

Marked as solution

I have just updated my samsung es468000 with the new update via web. I now have spotify Bach working....yes at last.
Hope you have the same result. I updated the tv not the hub. I had the ID message for 3 months!

This was the thing that fixed it for me 😉 Gracias

Marked as solution

Just this minute updated firmware via the network connection and spotify is at last working just fine!!! Logged in via spotify account not with my Facebook account..

Marked as solution

Wow, Finally I can share a good news too! It works now!

Updated the firmware again (version 2009) this time and than got a message that SPotify app has an update too. So, updated the app too. And this time I could just log in. No ID 2 errors, no messages about the problems with my Spotify account. I can finally enjoy the music.

I hope that the last two updates (firmware and spotify app) are the final solution for this problem for everyone.

Marked as solution

Try deleting the spotify app and updating your tv's firmware again (menu/support/ update firmware online). I have a 5000 series and I did this two days ago and everything is working ok now.

Marked as solution

I first removed the Spotify app that did not work.
Then I updated the firmware on the TV.
Then I turned the TV off and on.
Then I installed the Spotify app again.
Then it worked....

Marked as solution

I have an Samsung UE46F6475 running firmware 1112. I have never got Spotify to work regardless of firmware. I always get "device firmware is not supported". Tried to reset my SmartHub but that does not solve it. Tried to uninstall but that option is greyed out in the Spotify app. Please help 🙂

---

Ok I talked to Samsung support in Sweden.
WARNING: THIS MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND/OR BRICK YOUR TV. I AM NOT LIABLE!
When in standby press: "Info"->"Menu"->"Mute" and then when the hidden service menu comes up press "Enter" three times.
"Enter" three times should lead you to "Factory Reset". After this I had to enter all settings once again and THEN IT WORKED FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER! After doing the reset I had to power on (via the remote) my TV again, it did not start again automatically.
The apps were first "greyed" all of them and then I restarted my tv (soft restart i.e. via remote) and then it started to download all the apps again.
WARNING: THIS MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND/OR BRICK YOUR TV. I AM NOT LIABLE!

Marked as solution

I had the same problem and resolved it by updating the firmware. This link shows easy to follow instructions:

http://knowhow.com/article.dhtml?articleReference=890

So glad I got it working. I have a Samsung 40" LED ES5500.

Thanks for the advice all.

Marked as solution

ok, quick update / solution : I had to completly reinitialize my smart hub : menu/settings/smart features/reset smart hub 

And then reinstall spotify.

At first I had the message that the microcode was not compatible. I had to turn off / turn on the TV and finally it worked.

So now, please include in the spotify samsung smart TV  app the same features as the ones available on the iphone app.

Thanks

162 Replies

I'm having the same problem.

I have a Samsung 8000 series. I have been using spotify regularly and all of a sudden it won't work.

My error messages alternate between account problems (I don't understand how this can be the issue as Spotify is working on my other devices), "Error ID:2" and that the fimware is incorrect. I seem to get a different error message each time I try to open the app.

Please can we be provided with a solution?

Thanks for confirming the problem! Indeed sounds like I have the same here. I got several messages from the support. Some suggestions they gave me:

1. To reset the password (they should do it by sending you a reset link).

2. To re-install Spotify app on TV

3. To check if the password has any special characters and change it for something that is made of letters and numbers only.

Non of this solution was working so far.

One positive thing - Spotufy answers very quickly. The negative one - all those are general recommendations while it looks like more people have the same problem and it really seems to be a problem on Spotify technical side, not really connected to a client or an account issue.

I have also tried re-installing and my password doesn't have any special characters, although I have not tried resetting it. Doesn't sound like that will fix it though based on your experience.

When you say spotify answers quickly, is that via a separate contact or is that in response to your q on this forum? I can't seem to find a separate address to send my problem to?

Pleased I am not going mad, although sorry you are in the same situation!

Once again, to exclude the cause of the problem on my side I did the next: Removed Spotify App, upgraded the TV, installed Spotify App again. The problem still exists.

Well, they do have a customer service, but it's not that easy to find. You need to go to the Spotify page and than to Info (or something what looks like that - I have a Dutch version) under the page on the left side. When you click on it you get an Info page with a Contact on it. There you get a chance to fill in the form (but will still be getting suggestion to look throught he existing solutions).

Ok, thanks very much.

I will try and contact them. Do let me know if you come across a solution - good luck!

Thanks, you too!

One more thread with the same problem. Seemed to go form working Spotify to the same situation by re-logging:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/SAMSUNG-TV-Can-t-connect-Issue-with-Spoti...

Wow. There really must be a technical issue then, at least as know it isn't us. Hope a solution is found soon, really enjoyed playing music through my tv!

Hey guys 🙂 

Just managed to grab a member of the Spotify team to talk this over with them, this does appear to be a samsung issue rather than a Spotify one. The reason for this being the Spotify implementation on Samsung and other partner devices is made and maintained by the partner company, in this case samsung so any app issues need to go through them.

You will need to get in touch with Samsung support and see if they have any suggestions. 

Sorry for the hassle!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks very much, will try and get in touch with Samsung directly.

Thanks for your answer, Peter. Of course I contact Samsung as well.

Just one thing about the issue in general (not to you persoanlly, Peter)

Well if the source of the problem is known and it's by Samsung while Samsung and Spotify are both working on their joint project, I really don't understand why it's a customer again who needs to search for the solution? I mean isn't it easier for Spotify  to collect the complains existing so far (about what seems to be the same scenario) and present them to Samsung asking them for solution and eventual oficiial note to the clients? It's a joint project. Now it looks more like Spotify prefers to deny its part of responsibility for the project.

The issue is it is not as simple as that as far as I am aware. Anyone can make a Spotify application, since you can download and use libspotify for free and allow users to connect through your application to Spotify. 

The small numbers of reports that come in from something like this (its a similar situation with Roku), in comparison to the number of people using the service are small, pointing in my eyes to more of a bug in Samsungs application implemention, which is unfortunately out of Spotify's control. 

As I said before, I do not work for Spotify so I can only offer my advice to you, not official support. I can see before you have already got in touch using the contact form with Spotify support, did you get a reply?

Peter

Peter

Well, let's continue here the sotry (that I feel will become a long one).

Contact with Samsung and the following advice:

1. To upgrade the firmware. The only problem is - I did it before making a call. Got version 2005. On the website the version 2007 is available. Unfortunately it's not available when I tried to update the frimware via TV self on-line (2005 is the max what I get). The service guy via external connection coulnd't do it either. The last option - manual update via USB didn't work too. It needed to be downloaded, set on USB, extracted on USB. What they didn't say - it should be formatted as FAT and the original file should be deleted after file extraction. Done all. But still TV can't see the firmware to upgrade. Buying a new USB stick didnt'help. Now Samsung will send me a USB stick with firmware on it within 5 days (couldn't they suggest it earlier, before I was buying a new stick?) 

2. Reset the Smart HUD via settings. Cause this would force the TV to implement the new Firmware. Done.

3. Connect the Samsung account to Spotify account. Mission impossible as there is no Spotify account on the connection list.

Hi Peter! As I told before - thanks for your anwer, my remark had a general character and was not mentioned for you. So, you don't have to take it personal.

Yes. I got several answers from Spotify customer service already and all of them were a bit "fool proof" check - I've mentioned them in my posts. 

From what I've seen and expereinced so far I do agree it's more likely to be a Samsung problem. 

Don't worry, its not personal in anyway 😉 just sometimes helps to point out here on the community that I don't work for Spotify since sometimes it can be unclear (you can probs see why!). 

This is a strange problem, do you have a contact link for Samsung? I don't even have a smart TV but I might bug them too sort this out too haha! 

Does your Spotify username or password have any non-alphanumeric or special characters in it just out of interest? 

Peter

Peter

Well, I have the phone contact with Samsung, so there is no link to provide. It looks like they are working on the fix (or the new firmware). They will send it to me on USB as strangely I can't install it neither on-line, nor manually. Neither a service worker could install it via the remote connection. So have to wait till I get the USB stick per regular mail.

Yes, my user name and password are totally alphanumeric.

There is a strange thing I notice on Spotify though... I had my own free Spotify account connected to my Facebook. For the Smart TV I created another account which is not connected to the Facebook and is connected to the joint e-mailaddress (together with my partner, so both of us can use the account on TV). Those two accounts are not related and I have never connected them to each other. But when I log in to my joint Spotify account using the log in name and a password, it logs me into my personal account. Actually a strange bug that is more on Spotify itself. It can be ther source of the problem too if Spotify connected two different accounts to each other.

Hmmm that could also be the source of an issue, its hard to tell. I would suggest dropping the Spotify team and email about that one using the contact form just so they can double check your accounts are all good on their end. 

Peter

Peter

Well, did it as well. Waiting for the answer.

Looking forward for the happy moment I could post here and say - Problem solved! LOL

Suggested posts