Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Windows Phone (Windows Mobile 10)

Solved!

Spotify for Windows Phone (Windows Mobile 10)

Hello,

i read that Spotify will stop the Support for Winows Phone?
If that true (i use Windows Mobile 10) than i must cancel my Spotify Premium Account

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

In the statement they said dropping support for WP8.x Devices?

Does this mean they have a Windows 10 app in the works?

If spotify has no plans for a Windows 10 app, and no plans to update the current app anymore, then I have no plans to continue my subscription with them which has been more than 3 years! 

If I don't have a reasonable answer in the next few days, I'll be cancelling my subscription. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Our main goal at Spotify is to offer the best music experience on the market, covering all platforms.

To clarify our recent information regarding the Windows Phone experience, we will continue supporting the Windows Phone 8.1 experience moving forward and we are actually improving our support for Windows 10 in our coming update 5.2, which will be available starting today.

If you'd like to see a Universal Windows 10 Spotify app, you can show your support here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Spotify-app-for-Windows-10-Windows-phones-Tablets-PC-and...

View solution in original post

32 Replies

I'm also really disappointed. I'm going to talk to my family about migrating to another streaming service and unsubscribe.

Marked as solution

In the statement they said dropping support for WP8.x Devices?

Does this mean they have a Windows 10 app in the works?

If spotify has no plans for a Windows 10 app, and no plans to update the current app anymore, then I have no plans to continue my subscription with them which has been more than 3 years! 

If I don't have a reasonable answer in the next few days, I'll be cancelling my subscription. 

The app we currently use in W10m is the WP8.1 app.

I know the current app is a WP8.1 app, and it's awful. It's got most of all the features I want, but it's disgracefully slow and unresponsive.

But it at least works. If they have discontinued development of the app, and are pulling it from the store, and there is no plans for a universal Windows 10 app, then I won't be continuing my subscription with Spotify. 

They wont pull the app, but the development will halt. They don’t care about us. And I don’t like to hear they saying they are “sorry” because I don’t forgive them lol. I pay for this service and I want them to care about us. If they stop caring, I stop paying. I wonder if they care about payment...

A company as big as Spotify cannot upkeep their app for Windows phone!? Having a premium account no longer makes sense!

Yeah it's complete rubbish. They could just port their iOS app over with the development tools that Microsoft provides which would also make it a universal app that's available on all Windows 10 desktop and tablets. There's 200 million+ Windows 10 devices that are active, there's no way there isn't a market for the app to be available and useful. 

Being a universal app, would also make it available for Xbox once the Windows 10 app store opens up later this year on the Xbox. 

Simply no excuse from Spotify. 

I think Spotify is dead on all Windows devices now. If they are working on a W10 app, it would not make sense to cause all this negative feedback in media by saying they kill the Windows app without announcing the new app at the same time. From this point on and until Spotify, if they ever do, release news about a W10 app, Spotify will lose customers to Deezer, Groove and other.

Marked as solution

Our main goal at Spotify is to offer the best music experience on the market, covering all platforms.

To clarify our recent information regarding the Windows Phone experience, we will continue supporting the Windows Phone 8.1 experience moving forward and we are actually improving our support for Windows 10 in our coming update 5.2, which will be available starting today.

If you'd like to see a Universal Windows 10 Spotify app, you can show your support here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Spotify-app-for-Windows-10-Windows-phones-Tablets-PC-and...

@meredith can you clarify? 

Is there a Windows 10 Universal app in development?

Because the Windows 10 desktop client works fine for PC users. But Windows 10 runs on a wide range of devices and a new Universal Client would work on all of them out of the box. (ie: Xbox One & Windows 10 Mobile for phones)

Thanks!

I would like some clarification too. Will my Windows Mobile receive updates and new features?

I'll really love a UWP Spotify version.

I hope you change the status soon =/

Thank you for listening! 

I'm really glad the previous information wasn't accurate and that Spotify are continuing to support Windows Mobile.

Can't wait to get the 5.2 update and hope performance is the main fix as it had all the features I want but it was just awfully slow.  Excited to have an update soon!

Please please pleaes make a universal windows app! 

Same performance issues after update. Only seems like update was cosmetical.

Is there a real change log somewhere?

"release notes:

performance and minor UI related bug fixes"

I really hope they pick some speed in development.
Experience is terrible and after the news of yesterday I decided to give Deezer a try. I have to admit it is by far better.
I'm currently using it in pro mode with a trial period and will decide soon if I cancel the subscription to Spotify (I even found a tool to migrate all playlists from spotify to Deezer)

It's still 5.1. So you can't have gotten the update yet.

There are many reports of people that have downloaded the update. However, they all seem to have WP8.1. I have not seen anyone with W10 - yet.

F*CK THIS **bleep**!

We talk about a Universal App since 2015-01-06 and from that point you set this idea to "not right now" and now you say:

Hey we don't give a **bleep** about windows phone users... They don't need spotify connect or anything and if the app is laggy as hell?! We don't care. But you can click +kudo to a topic, that we already marked as "nope, not for you"

I'll switch asap! Bye Spotify!

Suggested posts