Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to get an App compatible to older iOS versions

Solved!

How to get an App compatible to older iOS versions

Hi,

I have a 1st Gen Pad with iOS 5.1.1 on it.

I downloaded a compatible Spotify App for this version that was running well, now I made the mistake to select "update All" apps and now I cannot use Spotify anymore (current App is compatible with iOS6 an onwards). how do I resume my older App? After the upgrade I cannot even see Spotify listed in the Apps I have installed on the device.

Any help/hint is welcomed!

54 Replies

Still works! Thank you!

indeed works tested on ipod touch 4th gen 

running ios 5.1.1

i will also test this on my ipad 1 64GB + 3G i today bought for around $70

🙂

Well done that man!

No. Not all devices can be upgraded to iOS 6 and if your are getting that notification that doesn't mean you CAN upgrade.

I found the solution incase anyone still has the same issue.

1. Download Spotify on COmputer with your usual Apple ID

2.Reset ipod/iphone 

3. Go to app store and search for Spotify

4. Instead of "Get" icon you will see Cloud icon, click on it

5. Will get message if you want to get a older Spotify edition since current one is not compatible. 

This method worked for me, with iOS 5.1.1 and a 3rd gen iPod Touch. However I did not need to reset anything.

Thank you very much!

Thx now i can use my old Ipod Touch again 🙂

Great! forget the 11 previous pages...this works. TKS! 

Great solution. Still working!

Thank you very much

@Madpfc wrote:
On my ios5 touch if you download the app on the device from the App Store it just gave me the option to download the last compatible version of the app. Work fine for me.

it does not do that on my iPod It just says I need to get ios 9 but my iPod only let's me keep it on iOS 5.1.1

Hi. Just found my old iPod touch and I wanted to download spotify but ir says I need to up date my iPod. IOS 5.1.1 is what I got.

I hope someone is still checking this haha. 

I've got a iPod Touch 3rd gen with iOS 5.1.1 as it's newest OS. 

I've tried the fix however it looks like iTunes has been updated since the fix was originally posted, and most traces of "app store" are not visible. You have to manually search for Spotify, and then there are only "iPhone" and "iPad" versions, and neither are allowed to be downloaded- since i'm using a Windows device, it greys out the 'GET' button and says it's only for iOS devices. 

I'm curious if there are any new fixes. 

So far it seems like I'll not be continuing my Spotify sub because I can't use it 😞 

Same issue for 1st Gen iPad...

Same problem for me!!! Anyone help!!! It's not possible that I can't use spotify on my iPod! (iOS 5.1.1)

**bleep** haha

Suggested posts