Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to get an App compatible to older iOS versions

Solved!

How to get an App compatible to older iOS versions

Hi,

I have a 1st Gen Pad with iOS 5.1.1 on it.

I downloaded a compatible Spotify App for this version that was running well, now I made the mistake to select "update All" apps and now I cannot use Spotify anymore (current App is compatible with iOS6 an onwards). how do I resume my older App? After the upgrade I cannot even see Spotify listed in the Apps I have installed on the device.

Any help/hint is welcomed!

54 Replies

You are welcome. I am glad it worked out for you. Thanks for accepting it as a solution as well. Take care.

Thanks for your info. I did as you instructed. It seems to be working but it will not finish the install. It appears to be about three fourths finished and has been stopped for about ten minutes. Any suggestions? Thanks.

You can press and hold the app icon until it wiggles and delete the app and install again!
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Thank you sir!

This solution used to work for me, but my iPod touch reset and when I tried to do it again, it won't allow me to. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Try completely removing the Spotify app from iTunes and your iPod touch and starting the steps all over again. I think you may be okay after that. Let me know how it goes...  

@jbaker110 wrote:

Try completely removing the Spotify app from iTunes and your iPod touch and starting the steps all over again. I think you may be okay after that. Let me know how it goes...  

jbaker, thanks for the tip but unless "completely" remove means more than the Spotify icon not appearing on my iPod and right-click > deleting Spotify from the "Apps" section of my iTunes, I already tried that a few times. I tried without the iPod hooked up to the computer like you suggested (and what worked a few months ago), and even tried with it hooked up. I have the latest version of software for my iPod and iTunes, and I'm using the same Apple ID for both, but still when I go to the app store on my iPod it doesnt give me the option to download a previous version of the app.

this may be a lost cause!

I was able to download the app but all my playlists show 0 tracks, it is as if the app was offline ;(

Hello,

With a old ipad1 and ios5.1.1 we bought a premium spotify account. Because we never installed the spotify-app, is said: needs ios7. With this trick it was possible tot install an older version!

Thanks, it worked!

ipad 1st generation currently only supports IOS 5.1x (can't be upgraded to IOS6). Is there a solution to run premium Spotify (any version) on my old ipad?

try this:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/How-to-get-an-App-compatible-to-old...

It seems to be a solution for most people. 

Good luck! 

Sorry, the steps on how to put Spotify on iOS 5.x is on page 2. Just go back one page from the link I sent you...

hi i dont have the version to run in ios 6.0 nobady caRich Textn upolad to mega or any place and then i dowloand

Can confirm that this works, even with Spotify having "removed" the iOS 6 compatible app form the store.... cant imagine why it works, but it appears to have done!

"Buy" it through iTunes and let it install into iTunes. Once it is fully installed in iTunes, go to your iPod touch, go to the app icon, find the app you want, and "buy" and it again. It should then give you the option for a compatible version to install. Just don't connect your device to your computer during any of this process. You can't let the app update on the iPod either or it wouldn't work.

Since you already tried this, you may have to delete the app from your iTunes account first and then go through these steps. Also, make sure your iTunes and iPod have the same Apple account.

thanks go to jbaker.

and SHAME ON YOU SPOTIFY

MEGA helpful. really saves from having to go out and buy a new ipod so it can sit in my car hahha

Great post - thanks for this.  Solved problem for me.

I have been trying to solve this ever since buying an iTouch 4 a few months ago... now I know why it was for sale!!! Thanks heaps!

David

I love that this solution is working for so many people! 🙂

It WORKED ! Even with a Swiss account. Mais maintenant, je galère parce qu'il ne reconnaît plus mon mot de passe.... 

gorgeous!! 

Suggested posts