Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes

Playlists / App ideas

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUkDevice(iPhone 6s)Operating System(iOS 12.) The search in playlists don’t seem to work properly (type artist or song & don’t find em ?) How about having the option to organise the order of your playlists ?Also be real cool & h...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Uk Device (iPhone 6s) Operating System (iOS 12.)   The search in playlists don’t seem to work properly (type artist or song & don’t find em ?)   How...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix Not Updating

PlanFreeCountryUSDeviceiPhone 6SOperating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueFor about two to three months now, my Daily Mixes have not updated at all. As someone who relies on the Free plan, I like to have the ability to have daily-changing songs ...

• Plan Free Country US Device iPhone 6S Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue For about two to three months now, my Daily Mixes have not updated at all. As someone who relie...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

iPhone XS Max Battery Drain, Alarms completely silenced, Ring/Silent switch not honored with calls

OK so I recently purchased an iPhone XS Max and absolutely love it. I've been having some weird issues and have narrowed it down to spotify causing them. Problems only happen after about 2-3 days since restarting my phone which obviously doesn't auto...

• Visitor
  • OK so I recently purchased an iPhone XS Max and absolutely love it. I've been having some weird issues and have narrowed it down to spotify causing them.   Problems only happen after about 2-3...
  • Marizzi
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Alarms
    battery
    drain
    performance
    silent
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! iOS 13 beta 4 breaks Spotify Now playing

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevice(iPhone XsOperating SystemiOS 13 beta 4 My Question or IssueAfter the beta 4 update, CarPlay refuses to show Spotify Now Playing screens. You can get into the app, but you can't see song level navigation or cover art. Reboot...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device (iPhone Xs Operating System iOS 13 beta 4   My Question or Issue After the beta 4 update, CarPlay refuses to show Spotify Now Playing screens. Yo...
  • bennutt
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS Car Mode - mark 3rd party blueetoth receivers as Car

I use Spotify Premium on iOS in my car connected to a Bluetooth receiver (Anker Soundsync A3352). I would like to mark it as my car Bluetooth connection so car view automatically turns on when I connect to this bluetooth receiver. Best Regards and th...

• Casual Listener
  • I use Spotify Premium on iOS in my car connected to a Bluetooth receiver (Anker Soundsync A3352). I would like to mark it as my car Bluetooth connection so car view automatically turns on when I conn...
  • BudSpencer95
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • bluetooth
    car mode
    car view
    iOS
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

ANY way to move a playlist?

I’m unfortunately away from my Windows laptop for 2 weeks. I need to move a playlist. Is there ANY alternative? I have access to an iPad and iPhone and Bluetooth keyboard, and I’ve been able to edit photos, videos, write code, do full development, an...

• Roadie
  • I’m unfortunately away from my Windows laptop for 2 weeks. I need to move a playlist. Is there ANY alternative? I have access to an iPad and iPhone and Bluetooth keyboard, and I’ve been able to edit ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist in my songs

before I in my saved songs I was looking for an artist and when they selected it, only songs of that artist were heard in my songs and now I can only play one or I have to put them in the rowHow can i do to listen one artist in my saved songs

• before I in my saved songs I was looking for an artist and when they selected it, only songs of that artist were heard in my songs and now I can only play one or I have to put them in the row How ca...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Where is the "songs" option in my music library?

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiphone XSOperating SystemiOSwhatever My Question or IssueI updated my app yesterday and now the "songs" tab in my music library is gone. I want to know how to see all of my songs at once. There is only "Playlists", "Artists"...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iphone XS Operating System iOSwhatever   My Question or Issue I updated my app yesterday and now the "songs" tab in my music library is gone. I want to k...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Player keeps changing look

PlanPremiumDevice(Ipad mini 4) I been having this issue for a while now and dont know what it is. So pretty much the layout of the player keeps changing. If I uninstall the app and re-install it then it goes back to as you see below in the 1st pictur...

IMG_0034.PNG IMG_0035.PNG
  • Plan Premium Device (Ipad mini 4)   I been having this issue for a while now and dont know what it is. So pretty much the layout of the player keeps changing. If I uninstall the app and re-...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stranger Things Mode

PlanPremiumCountryAmerica DeviceiPhone 7 PlusOperating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or IssueWhy doesn’t Stranger Things Mode show up anymore?

•   Plan Premium Country America   Device iPhone 7 Plus Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue Why doesn’t Stranger Things Mode show up anymore?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Top Tracks on artist profile is gone

When I visit an artist profile, I used to see top 5 tracks by the artist and the number of plays of each track. Now that seems to be gone in the new Spotify UI.Can someone confirm Spotify really removed this feature? PS: Top Tracks is still there on ...

• When I visit an artist profile, I used to see top 5 tracks by the artist and the number of plays of each track. Now that seems to be gone in the new Spotify UI. Can someone confirm Spotify really re...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOs lockscreen controls dont contrast with dark theme

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSDevice(iPhone X)Operating System(iOS 13.0) My Question or Issue[Not sure if this is on Spotify or Apple side] When using the like/dislike menu from the lockscreen, the text is almost the same color as the dark mode color sche...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country US Device (iPhone X) Operating System (iOS 13.0)   My Question or Issue [Not sure if this is on Spotify or Apple side] When using the like/dislike menu from t...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • apple
    iOS13
    iphone
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

PLEASE bring back A...Z on ios platform

So lots of folks hate the new UI on ios and with good reason, whatever, I don't think it's that much different, now it just takes longer to do everything -- and btw spotify I could give a **bleep** about podcasts I WANT TO LISTEN TO MY MUSIC. But the...

• Music Fan
  • So lots of folks hate the new UI on ios and with good reason, whatever, I don't think it's that much different, now it just takes longer to do everything -- and btw spotify I could give a **bleep** a...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

How do I play songs that I have liked from a specific artist?

When I go to my library and shuffle an artist it plays songs that I haven't liked and that aren't in my library.How do I shuffle songs from my library of a specific artist?

• Casual Listener
  • When I go to my library and shuffle an artist it plays songs that I haven't liked and that aren't in my library. How do I shuffle songs from my library of a specific artist?
  • bcpete81
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Inability to continue music through Control Centre on iOS after app-switching

Plan: PremiumCountry: Hong Kong Device(iPhone XR)Operating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or Issue:Songs that I were playing on Spotify have always been shown in Control Centre on iOS. As I was working out listening on Spotify, I also tried to open up ...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: Hong Kong   Device (iPhone XR) Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue: Songs that I were playing on Spotify have always been shown in Contro...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat 1 Gone

Why why why is the repeat 1 function gone!? I can only do that option on my smart TV. Bring back the repeat 1 option! It's one of my favorite features.

• Why why why is the repeat 1 function gone!?    I can only do that option on my smart TV. Bring back the repeat 1 option! It's one of my favorite features. 
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hurray!! Alphabet scroll bar has returned with iOS update 8.5.14.816!!

Premium, USA, iPhone 6s We complain about updates when Spotify blows it. This time they got it right by returning the alphabet scroll bar search feature for Artists and Album searches. Nice job Spotify!! (and please never remove it again!) I have hun...

• Regular
  • Premium, USA, iPhone 6s   We complain about updates when Spotify blows it.  This time they got it right by returning the alphabet scroll bar search feature for Artists and Album searches....
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stops playing after 12s on 4g

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceIPhone XROperating System(iOS 12 My Question or IssueSpotify stops playing after 12s when I’m using 4G. Have tried updating then deleting and re-installing app, still not playing more than 12s. Works fine when connected to W...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device IPhone XR Operating System (iOS 12   My Question or Issue Spotify stops playing after 12s when I’m using 4G. Have tried updating then deleting and re-ins...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can't login to iphone but able to log onto web

Found some post on this, and it looks like a Spotify CSR posted to include the following information to help out. If you continue to get this message please post below with these details:iphone 7 plusios 12.4Can't login to check but I just did a clea...

• Found some post on this, and it looks like a Spotify CSR posted to include the following information to help out.     If you continue to get this message please post below with these det...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes