Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Crossfade on Spotify Connect

Please add Crossfade option while using Spotify Connect!!!

Why not have this option while using Connect???

Think of it, you use CONNECT when you want to send Spotify music to your sound system(i.e: CONNECT compatible Audio amplifier/receiver) when you're having a party. Wouldn't you want continuous playback in this kind of use??

I really do not understand why I would not be able to use this feature because I'm using the your streaming service with a compatible device which is partner with Spotify!!!

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!! PLEASE! 

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
D_Cas

And still we wait!

Wouldnt it be a nice post covid if we can listen to music with a group of people and not have a big frickin gap between tracks!

And yes your probably waisting your time JonnyQ this has been requested for 5 years now!

ohajaj1

That's shame 😔

The transition between songs it's what that makes all the difference between "just playing some songs" to a killer Playlist💪💪.

And it mostly necessary when parting,  sitting with friends or just wondering around at home... That all gking on while casting /connect

You creates a fine playlist, picking each song and setting the order so you'll have

an endless "vibe" going... but instead, you get a "clunky" skipping = "buZz killer" stream ☠️🤦‍♂️

Guys ,  please anable this. 

I get it if it's might be an issue of cross services limitations but get creative and solve it please 🙏

RikVanMeijeren
I used Deezer for 6yrs......crossfade not any problem !!!
Can't be that difficult to solve it....
robigouk

Hi @RikVanMeijeren

I've also used Deezer for years.  They have cross fade only on iOS, Android Beta.  There is no cross fade (currently) on Web player, Desktop or when you cast to a device so I'm not sure where you think Deezer have it?

This thread is to do with Spotify connect e.g. when you're using a device such as a Speaker, HiFi system (which currently doesn't have cross fade with Spotify).

flundp

Following three features are disabled when we listen Spotify on Chromecast, WiFi speakers like Google Home or mini, Smart TVs apps and also Playstation/Xbox One:

- Crossfading

- Gapless

- Normalize Volume

These three features are very nice to have, to make the experience more joyful.

Please turn'em also available also outside mobile phones.

Novy
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-07-25

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

kristal17
  • Please make crossfade available on Chromecast and Alexa speakers? I have several playlists mixed specifically for parties and can't use them apart from on my phone. Make it happen please.
paparatzi

Hey there guys, 

It is a missing option that is bugging me fore quite a while now. I really put some effort into a playlist of mine, with a clean transition from song to song. But it's completely worthless as soon as you connect it to another device via "Spotify Connect" like I usally do for parties at home (Alexa Echo) or at work (Sonos Sound System).

Just because "Crossfade" doesn't work with this feature. Is it planned to implement this feature in the foreseeable future?

kristal17

Thank you paparatzi, the more people demanding this the better!

D_Cas

Welcome fellow members to the land of...

Itwontcahngeastheydontviveashi!t!

May all your fustrations be fullfill!ed!