Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add Equalizer in Spotify

For ipod touch there is a huge need for eq because Spotify bypasses the regular Apple Sound Settings.

I use high end headphones but need to be able to fintune the settings so I can enjoy my music and tech equally.

So please, please make an EQ for the spotify app

Updated: 2015-09-17

Spotify now lets you enjoy music audio the way you want to hear it with the launch of our in-app equalizer on the iPhone and iPad.

Simply update the latest version of the Spotify iOS app and go to Settings > Playback > Equalizer to access the new feature.

If you're one of our Android friends, we already have a native equalizer which you can access inside the app under Audio Effects in the Settings. 

If you'd like to see an equalizer on desktop you can give kudos to this "Equalizer for the Desktop Version" idea. Thanks!

Comments
jp55555

An EQ in the app would be very appreciated. For music nuts like myself, it is nice to have an EQ. I feel like I'm not able to listen to my music properly.

Deovera

They implemented shitty presets instead of re-adding the real EQ. This is a complete joke.

PurpleFan

what about android? something real you can add?

Niels69

Please have the Equalizer come back to the Android version!!! 

jfuptown

I love the addition of this feature.  However, I would recommend an easier way to access / make changes.  Its buried four levels deep in the menu.  Making it difficult to find, and dangerous to do  while driving.  I need to set the bass lower for my blue tooth speaker but want it neutral for the car.   My suggestion would be to have it as selection at the top of the home page next to the settings "gear".   Best Regards, 

I listen to Spotify through the desktop app. I NEED EQUALIZER!!!  It would be just AMAZING!!

mildlyIrritated

Avid music listener here. It was really sad to see that the equalizer for Desktop idea was dismissed. I am not sad at the dismissal exactly but the fact that users that need it now cant go and vote for the feature. IMO equalizer is necessary because it is really painful to listen to music with high treble(pls dont mind, novice with concepts but i hope u get my point) for long time. Just a few tweaks with the eqalizer and the music lifts me to heaven.

I have voted this thread but it is useless as u will think I wanted equalizer on my apple device which i dont. Here goes 2 hrs to find another hack

kstickwood

Why implement an equalizer on only one platform?  Your whole platform is based on music. An equalizer should have been provided from day one. Users listen to every type of music across all types speakers therefore Spotify should not have a one solution for all approach. Not a lot of confidence in the company if they cannot implement such a simple tool.

7zp-sd_yzj7e4

I can't imagine a reason NOT to include an equalizer. It can't be difficult to impliment, Winamp has had one since the late 90s. Please add one in app. 

Apos1970

Equalizer!