Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add support for Android TV

Android TV is Google's latest take on Android for the TV and is released with Android 5.0 Lollipop.

The first device running Android TV is Google's own device Nexus Player.

For more information

http://www.android.com/tv/

http://www.google.com/nexus/player/

https://developer.android.com/tv/index.html

The good thing with Android TV is that it runs regular Android apps with some modifications and it also has built in support for Google Cast.

Updated: 2016-05-19

Starting today, you’ll find Spotify on Android TV devices including Sony’s BRAVIA, NVIDIA SHIELD, Philips and the Bbox Miami by Bouygues Telecom. Click here for a complete list of all devices that support Android TV.

android tv.jpg

Comments
bckp

Hmmmm, no word from spotify about this, sorry but canceling my subscription and moving to the Google Play Music All Access 😕 Spotify can be best of streaming services, but they must support what people want... Android TV is build on top of Android, only UI of app need to be changed littlebit, so change it 🙂

craigrnelson

Thank You!  Works  perfect

digitaldesaster

I like to introduce my third party app Emma for Spotify.

user feedback

"Pure love for Emma!"

"This is a great app! It is miles better than any other streaming music app for TV I have ever seen. There is absolutely no comparison with any Kodi add-on, Chromecast, or anything else. This is THE app for music streaming and makes it worth signing up for Spotify if not already a customer. You have access to your entire library, artists, albums, playlists, radios, anything, it's all there the screen, easily accessible"

"Works great and no phone required to listen to music,"

German Amazon App Store

Emma for Spotify for FireTV & FireTV Stick

US Amazon App Store

Emma for Spotify for FireTV & FireTV Stick

Google Play Store (Nexus Player, etc)

Emma for Spotify for AndroidTV

Control Emma from your Android Wear Smartwatch or Smartphone

Emma for Spotify (Android Wear)

jornhd

Spotify: Can you at least  make a Spotify Connect receiver app for Android TV that do nothing except display the current song name with album art, and maybe that can play/pause with the remote?

lonewitness

Another vote for this. You guys have an android app, its very easy to "port"

phdzor

yes please Spotify team, we need it!

tuk2008

Spotify, now is the time! Android TV got 600 more apps last week, we need Spotify there as well!

phdzor

so is there any update on this ??? cmon spotify team, wake up, we need this, i sideloader last android apk on my shield tv and its working with some small problems, need mouse tho, so all they need to do is add controler/remote support...

ski629

This really would be a wonderful addition, I've been very impressed with the player on other platforms. Android TV support is the only peice that feels missing right now. Thanks!

Thenj0esaid
Premium subscriber here. I love Spotify, however I too will be canceling if an android tv app does not come soon.