Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Album Art for each Track in a playlist

View as Album List was a great feature. Based on comments I have seen on other forums, I am not the only one who thinks so. Please restore this feature.

Reasons:

1) Images are much easier to see than text. I have reached the age of reading glasses. Before this feature was removed, I could easily find songs / albums in playlists. Now I have to find my glasses beforehand!

2) Images are much more compelling and attractive than text. A picture tells a thousand words etc. The whole look and feel of Spotify is enhanced through the use of album images. Removing them seems like going against good user experience practice.

3) Nostalgia. Although I love Spotify and I firmly believe that subscription is the future of music, I still feel some nostalgia for "possessing" a collection of albums. Displaying album covers reinforces the feeling of having a collection of albums in a playlist.

Note that all three arguments apply equally to desktop and iPad versions of Spotify.

November 2013: Response to the comments from Spotify...

- There is no need for a cmd+G control. All playlists should always display the album cover.

- The Collections product was announced almost a year ago but there is no sign of it.

- A Collections product that simply displays the thousands of albums that I have ever listened to is not a viable solution in my opinion. I would need multiple collections (i.e.. playlists).

May-2014

I have created a new idea http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Display-Album-Cover-on-Your-Music-Songs/idi-p/791029 requesting cover art on your music (and playlists). Please give it your kudos.

July 2015

I note that Apple Music displays album art on playlists on all platforms.

Apple Music.png

Updated on 2021-06-24

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this is now available on Android, iOS and Desktop. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
camereye
I just tried the web browser (I use the application on Windows usually). It
is better to view the Album covers, but we can't sort the list. It is
really dumb, my playlist is totally random.

I am really fed up with this, why we can't just have a simple basic Album
Collection (with an option to group the songs in an album) ? When I want to
listen one album in my Soundtracks playlist for example, I have to scroll
down to find the album reading hundreds of texts. Spotify is very bad for
ergonomy, I always had this basic feature since I started listening Mp3 (20
years). What is wrong with the devs ?
tissotti

How can something as simple as this take 8 years? I feel like this is something that has been standard since the early naughties on your standalone desktop music players playlists. 

It just seems a bit ridiculous the option hasn't given yet for Spotify desktop app.

tissotti

Ok. Was this actually fixed like day after my post? UI of desktop Spotify app changed quite a bit to me and I now see album art on Likes and other playlists. 

Feel like this should have not taken 8 years, but happy that it is finally implemented. 

willseagon

yep aha they added this feature now. the UI looks a lot easier to navigate. I imagine some people may prefer the old way since there was more information on the screen but i am happy with this layout

Edit: I logged into my old (non premium) spotify account to disconnect my facebook from it and noticed it reverted back to the old ui. When i logged back into my main account it had the new ui again. Maybe the new ui is experimental and because we commented on this thread we got the new ui??

camereye
Yes it is better now. But is would be much more useful if we could group by
albums. If you have many albums in a playlist, you have to scroll a lot to
find the good one.
Xenia
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-06-24

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this is now available on Android, iOS and Desktop. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Mattsouza
Hi Spotify, Congrats on the update. It does come a few years too late and
unfortunately I’ve moved on to another streaming platform. Wish you all the
best.