Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Manage Third Party Access Permissions

I imported all my songs from Rdio by granting access to 3rd party web apps like Mooval , now I want to stop them from SPYING on my activities.

How do we manage 3rd party application access to our account (revoke access to applications, so they can no longer access your account), something similar to the way Twitter does it, or Last.fm

It's misleading to have an ability to grant access with no way to revoke it. I would never have granted access to 3rd party apps if I had known that it was not possible to manage these access grants.

This actually puts me on the edge of flat out removing my Spotify account entirely because it's a huge breach of trust

I DON'T WANT to be DATA MINED BY OTHER COMPANIES and STRANGERS, Please let us remove SPYS like Google does:

Screen_shot_2012-01-29_at_6.40.08_PM_610x277.png

Updated: 2016-08-10

We’re happy to announce that you can now manage access to another app or integration with Spotify. Simply head to your account page and select Apps. You can click revoke access on things like partner apps. Thats it!

Comments
selify

It is so basic security feature isn't implemented. You must to do implement this. If I had known that it wasn't possible to revoke these access grants I would never have granted access to 3rd party apps. Don't wait for kudos. It is so important and it is personal security violation.

Jarnim

How is this not a basic feature?? If I had known this, I too wouldn't have granted access. Ridiculous.

chrdavies

I'll join in the choir. I was very surprised to learn that you don't have an option to revoke a 3rd party, which has been granted access to an account. What kind of amateurish policy is that.

gvc25

and so. three months already and still WIP?

Jarnim
You're assuming they've actually picked this up. I get the feeling that is not even the case... Or did I miss something?
liperuf

I looked everywhere and here I am... I can't believe this basic feature was never implemented. C'mon guys, you already do a great job with everything else... it's just a priority question.

devon314

I can't believe this isn't a basic feature either. Please add it.

x_city

Epic FAIL!

nmonteiro

This feature is REALLY important especially when you enable 3rd party to manage our content.

888margo888

Just became aware of this problem with Spotify. Have been focusing on the explicit and photo problems. This is the real one to keep up with. How I discovered it was their listing of "Idea Statuses", and the "Watch this space" with (1) caught my eye. 

How to keep track of what is really going on!!How to keep track of what is really going on!!

Thanks to all of you for bringing good information to the community