Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Party Mode: Only Queue, Password, etc.

How about a function that when turned on, only allows the queing of music (i.e instead of dubblevclicking to play the next song, it will just be que'd)? This would be great if u have a party and don't peolple changing midtrack all the time. 

Edit:

[Wow! Great to see that my idea has gained support, seems like I wasn't the only one that thought that this would be a great idea. As requested; I'll edit my post to better explain the idea]

Spotify Partymode

# Main Goal #
The main purpose of this feature is to be able to set Spotify in a partymode preventing people
from randomly changing tracks in the middle of a song.
Partymode will be easy to customize with several options making it suitable for all types of parties.
This feature will only be accessible with Spotify Premium.

Partymode will also decrease the number of fist fights dramaticly and therefore lead to a much better party-experience.

# Options #

* Enable/Disable partymode. (If partymode is enabled when logging out, it will be enabled on logon).

* Password protection. (If you want to set a partymode password. Default is Spotify password.)
* Allow skipping to next song? (Yes/no).
* Volume lock. (Prevent volume from being changed).

# Queuing #
* Queuing:
    - Only allow queuing new tracks. (Prevents people from changing tracks in the middle of a song).
    - Only allow queuing X songs within Y second (Spam protection).
    - Only allow queuing X songs from same artist. (Spam protection).
    - If no songs in queue, play music from this playlist: <playlist>.
    - Time limit (Not allowed to queue songs longer that X minutes).
* Exclude genres, artists and songs.
* Store partymode to playlist: <playlist> (prevents clearing the queue on logout/login).

# Admin mode #
    - Unlock partymode.
    - Delete from queue.
    - Re-order queue.
    - Change track instantly.
    - Set/change partymode password.
    - Enable partymode.

# Defaults #
* Lock existing playlists so that they can't be modified or deleted.
* Partymode will not scrobble to last.fm.
* Partymode will prevent access to social networks.
* Purchases will not be allowed in partymode.
* Disable access to Inbox and other personal information.

[]Though I must say the way to controll the volume while you'r having a party is to use a spotify remote app instead. Way too easy to just crank up the speaker volume even if you have a volume lock.]

Updated on 2019-10-30

Hi everyone.

As our previous update mentions, when one idea includes (many) smaller parts it is virtually impossible to ever set it to Implemented. One part is implemented, another isn't, what do you do?

For all intents and purposes I'm treating this idea as one simple suggestion:

"Let my fellow party people somehow connect to my session and add their tracks."

This has now been implemented on both iOS and Android in Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain and Sweden.

To that end I've set this to Implemented.

If the original author of this idea, or anyone else for that matter, would like to request additional features, please do a quick search of our Idea Exchange and either vote on an existing idea, or make a new suggestion.

And, please keep in mind to keep suggestions as separate as possible; it'll make it easier for us to update a status in future. (And save all of us from more walls of text :))

Party on!

Comments

Solution right away! http://www.spartify.com/

Jayoir

Ha cool, I've never seen that before. I'll check it out.

🙂

S10QaN

I still want this to be made into Spotify. 😛

Also, when playing from playlist people shoud be able to tag song they don't like. So that when you have a visitor you can choose to "enable *name*'s tags", so that the song that the person has tagged as "bad" is not played. That would also mean that I could tag songs in other playlists. And they can load my tags. Also, would be nice to have a global tag list where you can tag songs you don't like. Then people can enable a tag filter, and also you can enable tag filtering from your tags.

Types of tags:

"Don't like" (hate?)
"Tired of"

"love" (This could be the same as starred)

krikelin

The best thing you can do is to create a sounddrop room, set up another computer use sounddrop and lock the screen.

David

Hey y'all,

Just changed the title of the idea to make it a little clearer for people searching. 

jishi

Don't get your hopes up, this was suggested by me several years ago: https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/password_protected_party_mode

Spartify was a really good attempt and probably works for a lot of people, and the possibility to use your own phone is great, but there is no lockdown and the way it interacts with the player is suboptimal.

Hopefully one day this will be implemented, another option would be if someone made their own player based on libspotify (it should be possible) which implement these features.

Swixxy

Hello Spotify community, here's a little suggestion for a small function that I've thought about many times.

Often in parties, where I'm using my own account, I'm worried someone might inadvertently change, modify or even delete playlists which took me a long time to create. I just felt I would be nice to get a mode disabling all of those changes, and this mode would require re-entering the password to disable ? Maybe even, letting us to choose which modifications would be okay - e.g. adding songs, since I've discovered a lot of tunes from friends during parties.

I think that would be quite a relief for a lot of users. Thanks a lot 🙂

papasimon001

Swixxy - great idea. I'd be gutted to lose some of my playlists. The only way at the moment is off to text files and then key em in by hand!

santeri

papasimon001, you can cut'n'paste playlist contents to/from text files just fine.