Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] Search among my playlists on "add to Playlist"

When I click on "add to Playlist" I can see "New Playlist" and a list with all my playlists. It would be very useful if I could search among my playlists titles by taping its name. I have a lot of playlists and sometimes it's hard to find the one I want to add the song to.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi everyone,

Even though this idea was previously closed, we're happy to announce that your feedback has helped us improve the app and this suggestion has now been implemented.

You will find a search bar in the "Add to playlist" section of the right-click context menu on desktop and on top of the lists you get on mobile.

Thank you for participating in our ideas exchange here on the Community and playing a big role in making Spotify better for everyone!

Comments
kitsunezuko

And please, i don't care about earning Badges ! I just want an answer from a human !

nafg34

jesus christ this is irritating 

nafg34

The only decent workaround I've found is to let the song play on desktop, then open my phone and add it to a playlist there, since you can still search playlists on mobile.

kitsunezuko

It now work with the new update !!! Finally !! Thanks you spotify, so much ! Maybe next time try to fix it without 2 years of request. 

Good job anyway, thanks

Dian
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi everyone,

Even though this idea was previously closed, we're happy to announce that your feedback has helped us improve the app and this suggestion has now been implemented.

You will find a search bar in the "Add to playlist" section of the right-click context menu on desktop and on top of the lists you get on mobile.

Thank you for participating in our ideas exchange here on the Community and playing a big role in making Spotify better for everyone!

morfeablack

~Year later , but finally FREE!
Thanks for (re)implementing this feature, Spotify!

bananafarma

🥳 YESS!!! Sooo happy this is fixed, it was depressing me, my playlists suffered greatly over the last couple of years 😢 but onwards and upwards! Please never get rid of this again, it is absolutely essential for someone with lots of playlists!!  🙏💚

bananafarma

One small regression, you used to be able to type and it searched automatically (without first clicking in the search box), is it possible to 'focus' the text box automatically when that sub menu is open?