Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Android Widget

Having a home screen widget for Android would be really nice. All other media players have one on Android so it'd be great to see that in Spotify too. It'd make things so much easier to just be able control to Spotify from your home screen instead of swiping down for the notification bar or opening the app. It's really simple functionality so please can you add it.

Updated on 2019-09-09

Hey folks, 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know the Android Widget is back. To get listening, make sure you’re on the latest version of the app and Spotify will show in the widget menu on your device. The widget is now resizable too and some stability issues have been fixed. 

2019-09-09.jpg

We appreciate your passion for this feature and want to thank you all for your feedback!

Comments
Kattxrawr

I agree with this. Removing the widget was literally the stupidest idea you ever came up with Spotify. 

Guido
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-08-13

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Corrixor

Removing the widget, silliest idea ever.  

Jrtho91

A new idea?

Slash undoing a bad idea: removing it in the first place...

westerly

Bring back the Android widget!  ASAP!  Please!

Roll back to the previous version for a while if that's what it takes.

I don't even understand why it would be removed.  Anybody that didn't want the widget on their homescreen before could just easilt drag and delete.  Why remove the option to have it?  It makes no sense!

metzlernick

This was one of the absolute best parts!! I use it literally daily and am so sad its gone

RichardGorton

Stupid idea to remove the widget, I found it a really easy to use and convenient feature. So much so that I'm now looking at other providers as most providers are much of a muchness in terms of content, so for me the simplicity of access is the dediding factor. So I'm interested in what people recommend as I'll likely end my Spotify family subscription by the end of this month.

Looking forward to hearing others recommendations. 
Thanks, Richard

SAFEMODE

The Pandora widget fits nicely where my Spotify widget used to be. 

TheOnlyRick

Hmmmm...  A widget?  What an intriguing idea!  I wonder if such a thing could work.  

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Zaraustra

If you decide to remove a feature, please make sure the alternative is working. Play/Pause button on locked screen isn't working on my S10+...