Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Android Widget

Having a home screen widget for Android would be really nice. All other media players have one on Android so it'd be great to see that in Spotify too. It'd make things so much easier to just be able control to Spotify from your home screen instead of swiping down for the notification bar or opening the app. It's really simple functionality so please can you add it.

Updated on 2019-09-09

Hey folks, 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know the Android Widget is back. To get listening, make sure you’re on the latest version of the app and Spotify will show in the widget menu on your device. The widget is now resizable too and some stability issues have been fixed. 

2019-09-09.jpg

We appreciate your passion for this feature and want to thank you all for your feedback!

Comments
tulsaphil

Im late to this but my widget just went away today when I upgraded to android Q. Please bring the widget back. Ive been a spotify premium subscriber for almost a decade and i love the service. the widget was the icing on the cake. Please bring the widgit back. I will be trying other services and putting my subscriptionon hold for the mean time. 

hamsterzagard

Already canceled and got myself Deezer Family Plan. But it's very likely for me to re-subscribe to Spotify as soon as the update with Widget functionality hit the store

mason240

#BringItBack

Marie32

I would like to have the spotify widget back on the android phones. I dont know why it was taken off but  I used it quite often. I like having the homescreen widget.

Willizcool

THANK GOD. This has been bugging the **bleep** out of me. I keep trying to install tasker/kustom widgets to make up for it being gone but the album art portion keeps crashing.

Andrew_Lum

So.... when?

Trancedancer

Thanks for giving us the widget back for Android, saw it's back in today's update! 💙 

Pinknyc

Well it's back, the home screen widget! I can't imagine why they took it down in the first place! What a disservice that was. Hope Spotify doesn't make mistakes like thus one in the future. It costed much to their public relations and reputation! 

whistlebug23

It's back!! Thank you for listening. It's important to us.

vipulgupta

Considering that you listened to the users which is much appreciated, it would have been much better if you added some more functionalities to it while bringing it back, since you mentioned you were improving it! I could not see any improvement. Like an option of transparency, ability to select playlist, the shuffle switch, among a few, to make the widget really worthwhile and increase its usage.