Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Rearrange Tracks inside a Playlist

On my iPod I can manually move my songs around that are in my playlist, but I can't do the same on my phone which is what I mostly use. It would be easier to have that option on all devices.

Updated on 2018-07-11

Hey!

The Spotify Community team here.

We're pleased to confirm that this feature should now be available to all Android users.
We'd recommend double-checking that you're running the latest version of Spotify.

Once again, thanks for showing your support here in the Community.
/M
Comments
chuckkk-bass

@Borowscy Improvement ideas for further updates :

- display and navigate through folders

- enable Splitview

(- show whole playlist name)

Thanks again !

formerfatboys

If you're a Reddit user and can upload this post about the new app: https://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/65fr35/playlist_management_on_spotify_for_android_is/

I think that it would be great if Spotify got a bunch of negative PR for their refusal to address this and the app got a lot of positive PR for fixing their stupidity.

HappyDaysinHell
Agreed, will also be posting to my blog and seeing if any news outlets will be interested maybe?
Borowscy

@chuckkk-bass 

Thank you for removing the ads!

Sadly I can't fetch playlist folders from the spotify api. What do you mean by splitview? And I probably won't be showing the whole playlist name as I think it would be more confusing if is scrolling.

I also just noticed I broke the send to top and send to bottom feature. Gonna fix asap.

@formerfatboys Yeah... Naming things isn't my strong side.

EDIT: Version 1.0.5 should show more of the playlist names and it also fixes the send to top and send to bottom. Should be on google play once it gets approved.

EDIT 2: Version 1.0.5 is now live in the play store.

grbsoft

@Borowscy @chuckkk-bass Works fine now. I just paid the ads away $1,11 is an insignificant price for such a great app. Thanks! 🙂

PS: I agree that "Pestle" is a terrible name although "Pestle for Spotify" is better, anyway the apps works 🙂

aramando

@Borowscy

Excellent work! For me, I think with v1.0.5 you've reached a properly mature version (although I notice you said you'd introduced a bug which you've fixed in 1.0.6) that addresses all the obvious outstanding issues and refinements. I think it's great, and I had absolutely no qualms about paying to remove the ads 🙂

grbsoft

@Borowscy Is it possible to add one more TextView in the Settings (About) telling the author and wich version we are currently on? 🙂 Thanks!

Borowscy

@grbsoft Sure, I'll add that to the next version.

hightower00

I posted this idea just under 4 years ago under a different thread (see below) and have been following this off and on with interest... Awesome to see that @Borowscy has come up with a solution, which seems to work perfectly - well done mate!!!

A real shame Spotify weren't able to implement it themselves in this time... 4 frickin years guys, 4 FRICKIN years!!!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Android-reordering-songs-on-playlists-us...

hightower00

Also, I submitted this as a story idea to Gizmodo... @Borowscy - if your downloads spike due to their coverage, I want the credit! 😉