Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Swipe to Queue a Track

Firstly let me say I have been using Spotify since it launched here in the US and have seen a lot of great improvements over the years. Great job!

I am a music listener who likes to let the current track play out before starting a new one.
I love what you have done on the iOS side with swipe to queue.

Can you show Android some love and put this story in your backlog? 🙂

Thanks for listening!

Updated on 2022-03-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now rolling out on Android devices. If you don't see it yet, don't worry as it will be available for you soon. Just make sure to keep your app up to date. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
AngeloTan

Happy that someone suggested this already. Was looking for the same feature on my Samsung. Good job! Hope it gets implemented. Looking forward to it!

shakra00

Why is this not implemented yet?

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-10-17

Hey folks, we're here to give you the latest update on this idea. At the moment we don't have plans for this in our current pipeline. However, we've let the teams working on features for Android know this is a highly requested feature.  Thanks for continuing to bring your Spotify feedback to the Idea Exchange. 

cclawrence

How can you not have plans for this @meahtenoha?!?!?!?! I'm trying to be respectful, but this seems so ridiculous. It is so simple. Especially when we were told we'd get this feature almost 2 years ago. You're working on a messaging bot, but can't add this feature? Why do you treat Android users like second-class citizens? You know there is a problem when there are 10 pages of "Not right now" ideas. Jeez. 

cdanil

Seriously, it's been a highly requested feature since at least early 2015. I would love to have it too, especially since the current implementation for queueing is sub par at best. If you try to tap the three dots on the right side of the screen at least half the time you accidently hit play and ruin your queue, because the area that can capture touch input is really small and doesn't go all the way to the right side of the screen.

This is a huge turnoff for me, not being able to add my own .flac or .oggs is the other one. Actually last time I interrupted my queue at a party I instanly subscribed to Google Play Music. I've been using both for a month now, we'll see, both have their problems so far it seems.

Lepracon
I cant understand why it's not a priority to keep the different releases
between android and Spotify identical. This is some grade A favorite child
woodelvington

It's absurd that this hasn't been applied to Android yet. Dropping my rating in Google play for sure. Don't sleep on Barry O.

shakra00

What a nice way to treat Android users. #clapclap

Kierke1

Come on Spotify!!! We need this! Swipe to queue is a must in the next update!!

Specter

Is it really that hard to add this feature on Android? Is it rocket science? Please explain it to us. I guess some other service will be getting my money next month.