Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Swipe to Queue a Track

Firstly let me say I have been using Spotify since it launched here in the US and have seen a lot of great improvements over the years. Great job!

I am a music listener who likes to let the current track play out before starting a new one.
I love what you have done on the iOS side with swipe to queue.

Can you show Android some love and put this story in your backlog? 🙂

Thanks for listening!

Updated on 2022-03-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now rolling out on Android devices. If you don't see it yet, don't worry as it will be available for you soon. Just make sure to keep your app up to date. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Soulweaver

An absolute disappointment that Spotify have still yet to add this to the app. It can't be a matter of not being on their radar, or it's too hard to implement, no time, etc.

It's already in the application!

Spotify allow you to pin playlists, so their functionality exists, all they need to do it hook it up to the song list and make it trigger to queue function. Bruh I'll work as an unpaid employee to implement this if that's what it takes.

Smh Spotify

Hhh38

Swipe on a song to queue it should be on Android as well. It's not user-friendly to have to click two buttons to queue one song.

Gurraa

I dont understand why no other music streaming app is doing swipe to queue either, maybe then spotify would fix**bleep**. android gets the worst user experience from companies god damn

JoachimEN

How is this not prioritized? 8000 voted, which is just a tiny minority of how many are actually annoyed by this. This would improve the quality of life soo much for everyone, and I mean, it's already been in the ios version for years. It can't be that big of a project

Starrxs

Please

HalfdanFalck

why do you have to be this way?

thejomo

this is crazy - still not on the radar? looking for an alternative streaming service now

jslattery26

LMAOOOOOO CMON BRUH.... wth

x1elia

**bleep** yeah! Finallyyyy! I have goosebumps right now! Somehow it got implemented 😄 I hope it won't be removed again. Thank you very much for finally implementing this feature after atleast 7 years of requesting ❤️

thejomo

thejomo_0-1646307742954.png

🥰🥰🥰

FINALLY - thank you to the Android developers!!