Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Swipe to Queue a Track

Firstly let me say I have been using Spotify since it launched here in the US and have seen a lot of great improvements over the years. Great job!

I am a music listener who likes to let the current track play out before starting a new one.
I love what you have done on the iOS side with swipe to queue.

Can you show Android some love and put this story in your backlog? 🙂

Thanks for listening!

Updated on 2022-03-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now rolling out on Android devices. If you don't see it yet, don't worry as it will be available for you soon. Just make sure to keep your app up to date. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
DeSkiCiO

**bleep** so happy to finally get this!

Thanks spotify!

Soulweaver

Thanks to the dev who probably did this in their spare time since Spotify have obviously neglected to implement it for feels like an eternity. It's just a shame it's had to take this long for no good reason or explanation. Spotify themselves do not get my thanks however.

giannis07

I still don't have the f* feature. I have the swipe action but it's not working. why is that??? god....

realjoshyboy

Only took 7 years for this to be implemented. A shame that I can't swipe the opposite way to like

Gurraa

Cant swipe other way to Like / Unlike and swipe to queue function doesnt even work when searching songs either. Good job Spotify,

Keeping Android more than 7 years behind iOS in updates and still continue to do so. 

thejomo

Swipe to Queue works for me now inside playlists / albums but not from the "Search Results" lists - this would be a nice addition as well

Jonsie

After 7 years since this idea was up and the same 7 years since Apple got it, Android has finally gotten this. 7 years just to give the same features. 

Alidomo

The button of the wait list on Android should remain. It takes too much time to press on 3 points and to add to the wait list mainly when you want to add few songs. We should just slip to the right. 

prvblematic

It would be lovely to have this feature (and swiping left to save a song) be brought back to Liked Songs! It’s odd that it’s only available for playlists and I don’t really get why the Liked Songs playlist is excluded from the feature.

As an iOS spotify user of almost a decade, I can say it’s made my experience with the app a lot smoother and provides a lot of convenience, as opposed to having to press the three dots to bring up the options list and selecting “Add to Queue.”