Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] "Don't play this artist" feature for Android Premium users

Currently, all Free users and Premium iOS users have the ability to block any artist just by going to their pages and tapping "Don't play this artist".

This is not possible for Premium users who use Android devices, and I've seen some complaints about it in the Community.

So it would be great to make it available to all users regardless of the platform.

Updated on 2019-10-28

Hi everyone.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to say that this is now also possible for Premium users on Android.

Comments
Aesonique

Apparently this was implemented in 2019. Here in 2023 THERE IS NO "DO NOT PLAY THIS ARTIST" OPTION IN THE DAMN MENU.

I don't want to hear a particular artist. Doesn't matter who. Why the **bleep** isn't there an option to block them?

radiodread

You know what would be absolutely lovely? If we could block artists/songs on desktop, too. Or, hey - novel idea, perhaps - if we block an artist on the mobile app, it carries over to desktop too since it's the same account, after all! That'd be really neat! I can't believe they still haven't figured this out and implemented the feature! Wow!