Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Country] Spotify in India

I've been a Spotify Premium user from the Netherlands for 5 months now. In a month I will be going back home to India, which is where I'm from. Will Spotify ever be available in India? I'm not sure if this is the right platform for this question but it would be great to be able to access my account from there and I thought I should at least ask.

Thank you!

Updated on 2019-02-27

Hey folks,

We're very happy to announce that Spotify is now available in India: https://newsroom.spotify.com/2019-02-26/spotify-launches-in-india/

Happy listening!

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2016-06-13

Marked as new idea and edited it to let it focus on 1 request.
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

sammylnx

Hi. Use Apple Music. The guys at Spotify basically gives no darn, since we are a third world country and the analysts at Spotify (after months of intense research) have found that Indian customers dont like to pay for music, so no use launching in a country of 1.3 billion (where NO ONE PAYS for MUSIC), right?
As for me, I'm done with Spotify.

Abhi_85

Spotify has very low paid subscriptions even in western countries. So, that should not be the only reason to not launch in India. The user base in India is huge and Saavn already has 11 million listeners. Rdio and Apple Music are already in. Once the music subscriptions are bundled with data plans, paid subscribers will increase.

munirajukiran

It would be great if Spotify is launced in India

Isrishnoor12

Come on spotify ,why you do this😭😭

Release the official version in india already !!

Shubhambhoir

Ya spotify please come to INDIA we need spotify in INDIA

SR7

Been waiting since a long time! Please Spotify, come to India!!

djalberto

Spotify with DLNA support is my request since I and most of Indiaare Windows and Android users. I am currently using Apple Music and looking forward to Spotify.

SpotifyInIndia

I don't know what's the hold up here. Even Apple Music with their pathetic Android app continues to exist in India. People ARE willing to pay for music streaming, how else are other players like Gaana, Saavn, Wynk, Apple Music, Guvera, etc are still finding their Indian business viable? 

NJas

Please bring Spotify to India