Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Customization of playlists (cover and description box)

Hello, Spotify Community! 

One of the things I enjoy about Spotify, is that I get to share music I enjoy, with people all around the world. But how great would it be if it was possible to customize your playlists, to make it your very own. And it doesn't necessary need a lot of advanced or fancy stuff, just your picture of choice for the cover (instead of 4 album covers from your tracklist) and a description box, would be enough to make it kind of original (and make it easier for people to know what kind of music the playlist will include/what it's made for etc.). 

Here's an illustration of how I imagine the customization being put to use:

SpotifyDescIMG.jpg

Let me hear what you think of it, and give it some kudos if you feel like doing so. 🙂

Have a good one, 

- JimmyLQD

Other ideas:

Popularity Bar / Measure in Playlist

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Popularity-Bar-Measure-In-Playlist/idi-p/168774

Updated: 2016-10-20

We’re excited to finally share that you can now upload your own playlist cover and description on Desktop. Uploading via iOS and Android to follow. The feature is slowly rolling out so if you don’t have it yet check back soon. Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!

Comments
Henry2407

I think you have to have Spotify premium to have it. I can change my album cover if I hover my mouse over it and you can chose a jpg that is bigger than 300 x 300.

Rorey
Status changed to: Implemented
Updated: 2016-10-20

We’re excited to finally share that you can now upload your own playlist cover and description on Desktop. Uploading via iOS and Android to follow. The feature is slowly rolling out so if you don’t have it yet check back soon. Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!

rb90

YAY **bleep** THANK YOU SO MUCH MY DREAM COME TRUE **bleep**WJNSVLAALJD

marvinrodri

**bleep**!!!!!!!!!!

a13x231
Thank you based devs
YamUrbina

Now that I cancelled my subscription and fell in love with Tidal you finally do this? 

Not sure if I'll come back to Spotify, but anyways, thank you for doing it. After 4 long years.

Coolin82
This does not exist on mine still, there is no option to edit the playlist. I guess they only care about some people and not all.
marvinrodri

NOW, IT'S ONLY MISSING THE CHANGE/RECOVER USERNAME OPTION. ❤️

mothcub

When did this start being implemented? Just wondering why it's not available for me, any help would be appreciated.

pedest

"The feature is slowly rolling out so if you don’t have it yet check back soon."

Soon everyone will get it, it's being implemented. Maybe by an app update, I don't know...