Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Daily Mixes] Undo Dislikes in Daily Mix

I accidentally clicked the circle with a line through it icon and a song that I enjoy has been removed from my playlist.

The first time I hit the button, I wasnt sure what the message said. So I tried clicking it again so that the notification would reappear and I noticed that yet another good song was removed from the playlist. Then, I clicked the banner at the bottom of the screen, and now the artist is completely removed.

I think there should be an option to reset the "banned" songs and artists in the daily mix. Or even an notification should display the first time the button is pressed (for new users) to state what the button does and ask "are you sure?".

Updated on 2019-04-08

Hey folks, 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

There's now an undo popup when you click dislike on a song on Discover Weekly, Release Radar and Daily Mix.

Screenshot 2019-04-08 at 13.54.18.png

Once you've clicked it, you'll get a message confirming that you've undone the dislike -

Screenshot 2019-04-08 at 13.54.21.png

This happens on both Desktop and Mobile.

Comments
ginolerebours

the ban button is where the "repeat" button usually is on the iPhone app. Muscle memory will make you ban your favorite tracks! Spotify please listen to these requests!!!

reneeeee

Same here, I accidentally banned my favorite artist from my mixes. Let's get an update to edit these.

OnFleek

Removed my favourite artist from my Daily Mix. We need a way to undo song removals and also one to get our removed artist back in our daily mix now that they're gone.

Taz247

Indie the same and now it sucks so you should be able to fix it and tgere

should be a meny like playlists and so on for liked disliked songs so we can remove and fix it when you can't undo your choise right away or cancel it 

magicpuddingpop

Yes, please make a way to manage the songs removed from daily mix. I just clicked the button since it was the first time I've seen it and it removed one of my favorite songs. 

DaiJenkins

Same thing happened:

"Ooooh, a new button! I wonder what that does?...... Arrrrggggghhhh, how do I undo this?... Maybe this button? Whaaat? [insert expletive here]!!!!".

I couldn't help myself. And now I can't help myself. Spotify please allow us to unblock artists!

(please note that the above conversation was had with myself in my head...)

eeknox

I'm honestly relieved I'm not the only person who did this.. accidentally blocked an artist from my daily mix and did not mean to at all. Is there really no way to undo it right now? That's frustrating. 😕

(Sidenote: is this the only way to contact Spotify? Can't find a contact form anywhere.)

Dramin740

Also has this issue. Want the song back from my Daily mix 2 ambient mix. Can Spitify please undo all deleted songs over the last 3hours please?

Scootamon

Worst UI ever, the audio wasn't playing, oh look lets press the universal audio blocked button, "song removed", what? NO! What's this timer counting down, is my phone gonig to explode? QUICK! Tap manically on the screen to hopefully bring my favourite song back. "Artist removed". *face palm*

EstebanDelgado

The same thing happened to me and now my favorite band doesn't appear on my daily mix.