Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Add support for Apple Silicon (ARM64 on Mac)

Feature request:

Add support for Apple Silicon in a future Spotify release on Mac OS.

Apple have recently released a new generation of Macs based on their own Apple Silicon. I hope that Spotify will prioritize native support for this new CPU architecture.  If so the best music platform on the Mac, will continue running great natively on the new generation Mac hardware.

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for bringing your feedback to the Community Idea Exchange and participating in this Beta test!

Your input has been invaluable and helped us tweak the app to make full use of the new CPU architecture.

We're happy to announce that the app is now out of Beta and can be downloaded from our website. You should automatically get the correct version for your Mac's CPU and all updates will be automatic as well, just the way it was in the past.

This idea is now officially implemented! Thanks once more for all your votes and posts.

Happy listening! 🎶

Comments
nuju

Finallly M1 optimization! Now update the logo for Big Sur too please, you already have the iOS icon you can use!

gabrielnunez

Thank you very much for this beta! The song that is being played crashes after putting the Mac into sleep mode and awaking it on version 1.1.63.488.g27383f12-a

Balrob

Running the beta with M1 support now - so far, so good.

Perhaps your advice for running the Beta should be to copy the file into your home directory rather than into Applications? There's really no need to replace the production version.

Thanks

warmcocoa

I'm still unable to search a playlist by typing when right clicking a song > in the Add to Playlist menu.

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 3.43.08 PM.png

luciusannius

Installed app, says (Apple Silicon) version 1.1.63.488.g27383f12

Feels faster and it loads faster for sure. Super good Spotify.

(Big Sur 11.4, MacBook Air M1)

fatfogh

Thanks for the update Spotify! 

One issue which I'm not sure is related to this version alone is that when I start the app and no music is playing, if I try to add a full album to the queue it makes an error. If I play a song and then add a full album to the queue it works fine.

Spotify version 1.1.63.488.g27383f12-a

abdullahdiaa

The app is not universal, works only with M1 macs: (v1.1.63.488.g27383f12)

https://isapplesiliconready.com/app/Spotify

Screen Sharing Picture July 2, 2021 at 10.50.49 AM GMT+3.png

siksik6

Happy to report everything working fine so far. Seems much more responsive.

It also *appears* to have solved the issue I had where the client would crash using Spotify Connect. Early days, but will report back.

ribrob

My Spotify start-up time has about halved, down to ~4 seconds from ~8.

So far so good!

PyleaDave

How about a widget for MacOS?