Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Bring back the ability to add local files to Your Library

Just discovered that the feature to add local files from my desktop to my library has been removed. I have a large amount of music that I have as files on my computer which are not available on the Spotify library for various reasons, but I still want to be able to add them to my personal playlists and listen to them on the same platform as the rest of my music. I can't be the only one who has this issue. Being able to add my own music to a library is a bit of a make-or-break feature for a music application for me.

Updated on 2020-11-19

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate your passion for this feature and want to thank you all for your feedback!

Your voice has been heard and this is now implemented into our current test version of the 'New Desktop Experience'.

Feel free to share any further feedback related to this feature, or the new test version in general, here.

Happy listening 🎶

Comments
lovesatellites

i agree.. i use to make a playlist out of my desktop music files.  Please bring this back. 🙂

thanks

Lbarszap

This feature was always available on Google play music and now it is on YouTube music. Definitely hope it lands on Spotify or I might just switch over permanently.

Xenia
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2020-11-19

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate your passion for this feature and want to thank you all for your feedback!

Your voice has been heard and this is now implemented into our current test version of the 'New Desktop Experience'.

Feel free to share any further feedback related to this feature, or the new test version in general, here.

Happy listening 🎶