Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Playlists] Please bring back the Hide this Song Option and I dont like this song/ artist

Please bring back the "I don't like this song/hide this song" that was next to the heart sign cause it was very convenient and easier to control the likes or don't of your recommendations and control the playlist from all my devices available instead of going to queue every time to remove it temporary. Also the I don't like this artist/song that was available on the release radar playlist. Thank You . Update: Spotify brought it back on version (1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7-a) so does listen! Thank you!

Updated on 2020-12-22

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community!

We're pleased to confirm that the dislike button should be available again for the Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists.

Happy listening 🙂

Comments
mlidbo

@FlipTheBunk

Just noticed this idea in live ideas.

Not sure if it is entirely makes this a duplicate, but it seems close. I voted and I think you will want to too. It is already Live and at the top of hot ideas. Also, please check your private messages 🙂

captainkotatsu

I want the option back for Discover Weekly. I want to tell Spotify that I don't want to hear a song and I want to stop hearing it. Now, if I select "Hide Song" it even continues playback. Spotify, have some chill. I still like plenty of tracks.

v99fmjqpriprqp9

Hello, I'm a French fan of Russian metal band [Amatory] but Spotify every day recommends me mostly other Russian bands including new releases, I can't delete or skip them. How can I fix this problem and to listen to this band in daily mixes and recommended playlists with other my favourite metal bands from France, Germany, Australia etcetera ?

plundmark

I really like the generated playlists from spotify. But I have problems with songs I really don't like getting included so a "dislike" or "hide" would really help.

Know from my friends and collegues that I'm far from alone in having this problem!

sobekneferu

Agreed. Also I would go so far as to say that I would enjoy being able to indicate if I disliked certain bands / albums.

ThomWim

For radio stations, you should also bring back the "Thumbs-Up" and "Thumbs Down" option.

Xenia
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2020-12-22

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community!

We're pleased to confirm that the dislike button should be available again for the Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists.

Happy listening 🙂

randomcat

This is marked 'implemented' but it is not implemented, at least not on the Mac Desktop app.

Joda84

Same here, marked as implemented but it is not available on desktop version of Spotify for Mac. Please implement

1LawdGad

That's great