Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Playlists] Remove currently playing song from playlist

hi all, here's my problem: i'm listening to my playlist (that i've made) and i realize i hate the song im currently listening to. so i tab out of my game and go to my playlist to remove it. simple, no? no. with my playlist being 150 songs and growing it is a hassle to have to scroll down and try and find the song, especially with my low spec computer. what i suggest is to add a "remove from playlist" function when you right the song name in the bottom left of the app, similar to the "like song" and "add to playlist". i have attached a picture of what i think it might look like

image.png

Updated on 2021-07-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on Desktop. You can right click on the currently playing song in the lower left corner of the app and one of the options available will be Remove from this playlist.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Peter
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-05-12

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea - we've also edited the title a bit for the sake of clarity.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Patenwil

Thank you so much for posting this idea. I have the same problem and came up with the same solution. I am shocked to find out I was the first one to vote for this idea! I can not imagine other ppl don't have this problem!

camrtrimble

It is ridiculously difficult to delete a song from a playlist.

iLaurynn

You guys do know you can just search the song in your playlist and remove it that way?

annacs

This would be especially useful because I know plenty of folks who have specific "to listen" playlists where they can put all the music friends have recommended, Spotify has recommended to them, etc. in one place. If you're listening to a playlist like this on the mobile app, especially if you're commuting and/or busy otherwise, it's a drag to use the mobile search feature to find the song within the playlist and delete it. My current system is screenshotting the songs one by one and deleting them later when I'm on the desktop app with its easy search, which is far from ideal.

rossisdead

On the desktop app, when you click on the artwork for the currently playing song, it will automatically bring you to the playlist with the current song scrolled into view. You don't have to do anything to search for the song.

djsizzlewizzle
That is a pro gamer tip that I did not know about!
rossisdead

Glad I could help a little!

Resa595

That is a big mistake they did programming the windows app.

I think the tool was just forgotten...

It can't be, that you see it kicking in the song in the list, but not the currently playing one

It's the same as u cannot add an album or Playlist to another playlist or the queue...

Adding everything to your favorite songs makes it just explode and Spotify gets slow, partner software do not work anymore and download isn't logical...

Edwin71

@Roadie, and you know what, when the playlist isn't sorted by the default order (say you sorted it by most recently added at the top), clicking the album art will not move the focus to the currently playing track! I've written about it here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Remove-current-Song-from-Playlist/idc-p/4962507/h...

I can guess why exactly this doesn't work and it says a lot about their lame feature implementations.