Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discounts for Students

Hello there,

I am a German student, really appreciate using Spotify it is. Are there any planes or possibilities out there to get a discount as a student or for signing for longer periods - lets say about one year or so.

Hey @daniel987 as I'm sure you've heard, Spotify now offers student discounts in dozens of markets, including Germany. You can find out more info here. Thanks for your continued feedback!

Comments
pSych0bUNny

Kia Ora,

Student discount would be good.

Something for the masses, I would prefer to pay for 1-2yrs at a time, with a good discount for the 'advanced purchase'.

-P

Lars_Vegas

Hello,

i'm a German Student and I love Spotify Premium but i can't pay 10$/month for Spotify Premium so i miss the half price for German Students.

MartinL

I am seeing more and more student using Spotify. The  service has improved a lot last year. Used to download all the music but because off the lack of (free) time, I am using Spotify instead! It works great. 🙂

Only downloading when I really want to have it on my harddrive and buying it on CD when loving the music.

B1acksheep

Hello, I think this is only interesting for the German-Spotify User,

The Spotify User in the UK have a Student-Program, I Think it is the time for a Studentprogram in Germany 🙂

also I Write it in German 🙂

Also, Hallo 🙂

Ich habe per Twitter vor längerer Zeit mitbekommen dass es in den UK eine Studenten-Option gibt, so das Studenten und Schüler nur 50% bezahlen. Ich hatte die Idee eine Facebook seite zu erstellen und dort Leute zu „sammeln“ um Spotify Deutschland zu zeigen dass an so etwas Interesse besteht 😉

Wenn ihr mir helfen wollt, klickt einfach auf den Link, Liked die Seite & teilt es mit euren Freunden 🙂

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spotify-Deutschland-Sch%C3%BClerStudenten-Tarif/322808231129805

LSCare
I disagree with this, Discounts for up front payment i'd be happy to see, but discounts for students is I think unjust on all of your other customers. I was a student and I did that bit and I got by having to pay the full price. There is a free version, that is 100% discounted, there is a cheaper version. If you want a premium account then pay for the service at the full price.
daniel987

@LSCare Sunday: Thats common Price Discrimination. Most normal students simply won't have a willingness to pay 10€ neccessary to get a real subscription. Something about 5€ per Package would an ideal Price to skim additional Revenue, with a new Segment. And Yes a more differentiated price discrimination is allways better for companies.

tth217

I'm going to agree, I don't think there should be a discount for students (then everybody's going to want a discount, one for Military, one for EMTs/firefighters, etc). I think there should be an annual subscription with a discount like how pandora has. If you sign up using the App in pandora you pay a higher fee then if you sign up on the actual website (I presume it's because of the phone companies taking their share for the profit if you go through the app). The discount adds up to a dollar a month, so you save 12 dollars in a year. (it's 4 a month, or 32 annually, add it up) In the case of spotify, it's 10 a month so I would hope to pay probably 100 for premium annually, and 50 for unlimited.

I really hope they would impliment this, I would so much rather pay annually then have to worry about another monthly bill added to my budget. Otherwise I'll stick with the free Radio for now.

Agreed, $12/month is just not feasible when I'm struggling to buy decent food but $5/month? That's like a pint would definitely go for it
gjws

Don't forget we poor students in Australia! I work 4 hours a week and get paid $8 an hour, $12 on spotify is killing me!

rakiru

I'm a student and can't really afford premium, and have it gifted to me for birthdays, etc. I also do not have an NUS card (which I believe gets you a discount), as I have no other use for one.

Also, the price in the UK is £9.99, where as the price in the US is $9.99. That's a huge and unfair difference!