Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Integrate HTML5 with play.spotify.com

With the new Xbox one coming out and it not supporting flash, I believe Spotify needs to revamp their play.spotify.com site to support HTML5 also, flash is a bit old, isn't it? I think this will greatly improve the experience on the site as well. <br><br>Thank you.

Updated on 2017-11-10

Hey everyone! We can confirm this very popular idea is now fully implemented.  The new Web Player uses HTML5 technologies solely. Thanks for your continued feedback in the Idea Exchange!

Comments
Nevitones

I haven't tested it yet, but already very excided about it!

You must use recent versions of browser. Not all support HTML 5 playback

sinewave_cl

Not working on LG WebOs 3.0 Smart TV

rdshnts
I am not able to specify technically why some HTML browsers do no play any Spotify track. My guess is that they might not have a secure element which would protect the audio file from being dowloaded or extracted thus the Spotify servers does not allow the playback.
rdshnts
I am not able to specify technically why some HTML 5 browsers do not play any Spotify track. My guess is that they might not have a secure element which would protect the audio file from being dowloaded or extracted thus the Spotify servers does not allow the playback.
rdshnts
It'd be great, but thankfully they implemented the HTML5. You can suggest that in new topic so we can vote and perhaps they implement.  At my work, we're not allowed to use any browser but the IE, it's the latest version however it's still asking to install the flash player. When I try to copy and paste the "open.spotify....." weblink, it says my browser is not supported 😕  Does anyone know how can I use the HTML5 on IE ?