Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcast][Mobile] Mark Podcasts as Played

Right now on mobile devices, once you're done listening to a podcast, nothing happens. There's no signal that you've already listened to it or anyway to mark it as listened to except for clicking on it and dragging the time bar to the end of the episode. On the computer interface there's a little blue bar that shows you if you've listened to it or how far into it you are, but there's also no way to easily signify if you've already listened to the episode. There should be some way, whether its a blue wheel or another visual form that shows people if they've listened to a episode or not, and there should also be a way to click the control for an episode and mark it as already listened to.

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks!

This has now been implemented. You can find the 'Mark as Played' button by clicking the three dot menu next to Podcast episodes on Mobile. 

Screenshot_20190523-102837__01.jpg

You can also check out how much of a show you've listened by checking out the green progress bar and time indicator. It'll say 'Played' once a Podcast is complete. 

Screenshot_20190523-104146_2.jpg

Comments
tiita79

this is half implemented

if you are half way through a podcast and you want to mark it as played, first you need to mark it as unplayed and then mark it as played

Carighan

I checked the three-dots menu and I cannot mark an episode as played. The entire option just isn't there, the only ones listed are "Add to queue" and "Share". Did this feature break recently?

Oursique

Some podcast episodes are considered as played on the mobile app, but not on the desktop app, or vice versa. Or it won't remember the position from the PS4 to the mobile app, and podcast pages take forever to load on the mobile app. This is mind-boggling that Spotify is one of the oldest streaming platforms, and what just seems to be the Spotify Connect promise applied to longer title, i.e. podcast episodes, is in a beta state.

Not to also mention that the desktop, mobile, and PS4 apps all have a different set of features and navigation options. Why couldn't I see my episodes in chronological order on the PS4? hide the listened episodes? The PS4 app is lagging behind, although that was the reason I gave Spotify a try.

Rene01

Hi @Oursique,

I understand your frustration. You can help by creating new ideas of the issues you see. Other users can vote for your idea and the more votes your idea gets, the more likely it will be implemented. For example: add ps4 support for ...

Regards,

René

Rene01

Hi @Carighan,

For me the option is still there. I'm using android and do have premium. What are your specs?

Regards,

René

Carighan

Ah sorry @Rene01, I didn't notice the "mobile" tag in the title. I checked on the desktop app, which doesn't seem to have this option.

Rene01

Hi @Carighan,

Indeed. You can submit a new idea to add this option to desktop also.

Regards,

René

Haam

What about the desktop and/or web app?

matthewwbrown

Will this feature also be implemented on the desktop app so there's parity? Understand podcasts are pretty new but getting parity across mobile and desktop would be great when it comes to marking as played, resuming etc

elle_p-1987

Now that Spotify is getting exclusive podcast deals and pushing the platform you're going to get more and more folks like me who are migrating over and need to mark a huge backlog of episodes as 'played' to make the algorithms work properly to show new episodes only etc, can we get a 'mark all as played' functionality?

Also echoing making 'mark played' available on desktop and webplayer.