Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Samsung Gear] Offline Music

Hi

I am wondering when offline playlists will become available on the Samsung gear s3 classic and frontier models that dont have LTE/3g connection?

It seems to me as an important feature on this model as it makes you less attached to your phone.

Thank you

Andreas

Updated on 2021-01-12

Hey folks,

Thanks for bringing your ideas and votes to the Idea Exchange!

We're marking this as implemented, as multiple Samsung wearables now support offline music - There's some more info on our support page here.

Happy listening 🎶

Comments
BM_DK

I updated Spotify to latest version on my Samsung Gear S3.

I can now download my own playlist and play offline 🙂

Lidenboy
Same here!! Updated spotify and turned on wifi. You have to do that to be
able to log in.
And then just "offline" the playlist!! Awesome!

One question though! How can spotify flag this as "Not right now" and then
a month later... here ya go! 😛

Thank you for fixing this!! ❤️
Shuffle4GearS3

Got so dissapointed from last answer from spotify "Not right now". Luckely theyre employees are clueless.
Only miss Shuffle play while offline and I can be 100% happy with my Gear S3.

Sbsaints74

Spotify now has an offline download option for the samsung gear s3.  I used it all last week.  It's awesome.  I uninstalled and reinstalled spotify to my watch and the option was there.  

Matt_B2

There is a piece of paper in the box that says the spotify app provides offline playlist support but that is clearly untrue. What is the point of the app? I bought this watch to use as an music player, not a remote control for my phone. False advertising.

takayama

I can't play downloaded music in offline mode unless I uninstall and reinstall the app on my S3 Frontier. Anyone with the same problem and ideas on how to fix it? 

Ptremblay56

Offline mode works fine. However "shuffle/repeat is not available in offline mode"... why is that? It should be easy to have a shuffle or repeat.

tbslack

Add offline support also for the gear fit 2 too please!

Kroescobar

This idea has 185 votes.. meaning a lot of people is interested to have the availability to play Spotify from the smart watch without having to necessity to have the phone near by... in the case of the fit gear2... it does not make sense to bring you phone while you are running or exercising 

mrsterner

Hi Spotify this is still a big problem. Many people have bought the Samsung Gear S3 just to be able to listen to Spotify in offline mode when running. I have the problem that it works for 1-2 weeks and then it dont work at all.

I then have to re-install the app on my smartwatch and download the songs again. Very time consuming!

Can you please fix the offline mode so it works on samsung smartwatch gear S3?

Happy to hear from you!