Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Search] Bring back Advanced Search

Up until recently, users were able to refine their search by using advanced options which are, sadly, no longer available.

I'm a musicologist, and small features such as being able to search by record label are quite important for me, as it should be for anyone who is not just a passive consumer of music! If you also believe that we need this feature back, support this thread.

Updated on 2018-09-24

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

We're happy to confirm that Advanced Search is now available on Mobile and Desktop. 

For example, searching by 'year:', or 'label:'.

All the best,

/M

Comments
Gnopps

Argh, so annoying that Spotify keeps making this product worse by removing more and more features. In my case I search for classical recordings of a specific song and then heavily use a combination of the "song:" and "album:"-filters. Now I'm forced to instead get 100s of results when I could have gotten just a handful.

Also, plesae have an option to disable the "instant search". Often I want to type something that I see on the screen but as soon as I type in the search window the screen disappears and I'm instead shown the results.

the_9000

Which music lovers at Spotify thought it was a good idea to remove label search?   Unreal.

lo0oki

@the_9000 very unreal indeed. Must have been some weird business driven decision as already discussed earlier in this thread.

I am missing this so hard. Actually contemplating of leaving that service to be honest.

Once they bring it back, one can still come back and re-activate Premium. But right now, my music consumption on Spotify went down to the cellar.. It was my main access route and starting point for listening on Spotify.

Now we are stuck in the nimbus of intransparency and ignorance from the sides of Spotify devs, which is a real shame.

What an unfortunate move. My uneducated guess: they probably want labels to engage more in playlists.

However, I strongly hope this feature returns. It was a great way to explore music.

vosne

As a Premium subscriber since years, I really think the Label search feature should be brought back. In jazz and classical music, the search within a certain label is particularly useful. Instead of removing it, I would expect an improved advanced search. 

swedishakira

I agree 100% with this.

I used the label:"blablabla" search everyday to find new albums from various labels. When i do the search now only artists signed to the label is found. Plz put the function back as it was before!!!

jsannn

For all those, who miss label search, I found a great site which allows you to do the same thing: https://www.lbl.fm/. You can browse the music label catalog and generate playlists based on popularity and other criteria. I still hope Spotify will bring back the native solution though.

lo0oki

@jsannn; thats pretty sexy! thanks alot- will make things a little bit more easy 🙂
toeachisown

Please bring back record label search option! 

sjefrolet

Hallelujah the label search is back! Thank you Spotify for listening ❤️