Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starting a radio plays song you choose as base

It's annoying that when i get to a song i'm feeling, and i right click and go to "start radio" the radio plays a different song then the one i choose. It would be great if spotify just went right into the radio without skipping or even pausing the current song. Then after that played a new song that sounds similar.

Updated: 2015-04-13

Hey guys, we're happy to say this is implemented for Premium users on any device, and Free users using a desktop or tablet. 

Free users on mobile devices can shuffle songs and start radio stations, streaming on demand is still a Premium-only feature

Thanks for all your feedback!

Comments
michk

I can confirm that it works on the iOS apps. 

It skips back to the beginning of the base song, but still better than dropping it all together. 

middi155

So the thread started in 2012 but just trying Spotify for the first time it's the first thing I have found and will force me back to Apple and Genuis.  As this does exactly what everybody wants, plays the song you have selected and then chooses more based on that song. Looks like a own goal Spotify 

KWilliams
Please do this... it really puts me off the radio feature. Please add "Enqueue radio mix" to the song context menu.
nikoaleksander
Make it happen And stop the violance! 🙂
mjshuster1

Spotify, are you considering this feature at all?  There seems to be quite a substantial community desire for it.   

"Queue Radio" or "Start Radio w/ Song" 

Mattburdett999
Totally agree. This made me so mad I switched to Google play all access, but it's no longer available in my area. Sort it Spotify! I pay for your premium service!
adking80

Made an account just to +1 how annoying this is.  The whole point of radio is that you're into what you're listening to!  Not fixed/changed in Ubuntu.  How long would this take a developer to fix?  An hour?

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated: 2015-04-13

Hey guys, we're happy to say this is implemented for Premium users on any device, and Free users using a desktop or tablet. 

Free users on mobile devices can shuffle songs and start radio stations, streaming on demand is still a Premium-only feature

Thanks for all your feedback!

churchyvette
Am trying to to turn on the musuc
austin-massee

I think the root idea was missed and not implimented.  

Situation:

I am playing a song that I like.  I want to start radio based on the song that is playing.  Instead of starting radio immediately, I want the new, generated station to play after the song ends or after the curent song queue ends. 

Result:

I am able to listen to my selected song, then a radio station automatically begins to play music that is similar to the desired song.