Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Student Discount iDeal Payment for the Netherlands

Hello Spotify,

Students in the Netherlands mostly pay with iDEAL, we don't have a CC. It is possible to pay with iDEAL for a regular premium subscription but not for the 'student discount subscription'. Can iDEAL be added as payment option?

Thank you,
Students from the Netherlands 

UPDATE: We have reached 100 votes! Thank you all! But we aren't there yet. I want iDEAL, we want iDEAL! Share this idea and let your friends/family/neighbors vote!

UPDATE2: Apperently a Spotify Community Manager made a mistake by updating this idea to 'Not Right Now'. I'm trying to get in contact with 

Updated on 2018-07-27

Hey folks! 

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on this idea in the Community.

We're happy to announce that it's now possible to pay via iDEAL in the Netherlands, for the student discount.

If you're eligible for the discount, it just became even easier to get rocking!

Thanks,
/M

Comments
sander7878

Yes exactly this! I'm not able at the moment to get the student discount because I don't have a creditcard! Ideal would be great...

JLisnen26

Same problem!

Ian96

Same here!

Jacob
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Nice idea! Marked as a new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search 🙂

frisbeesky

Same here, please bring this idea to high attention.

Lau8910

Same problem, I might have to cancel my subscription if I can't pay with PayPal! 😞

WM1994

Yes please! Paypall would be fine to. One of those two is definitely a must!

KWubs

Same here! It's not really fair when already paying for premium to not be able to switch to the student version, because you don't have a creditcard. 

nathanvenendaal

I think every student in The Netherlands has this problem!

ideal

no i am not ideal the company ideal but i have the same problem.

nee ik ben ideal niet dus stop met mij comments te sturen.