Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume normalization for mobile devices.

It sucks to have my ears blown out when I'm in the middle of riding my bike...

Updated on 2017-11-10

Hey folks, you should all see an "Enable Audio Normalization" option under your Playback settings in the Android and iOS Spotify apps. Thanks for giving us your feedback here!

Comments
ruccola

This is really important actually. To actually use the Ipad as a party music player, this feature needs to be in. As of now, I "have" to use my Macbook instead.

Audiodemon

This is an essential feature. Get onto it already. We pay premium and expect premium. Make it happen.

radiotsar

I use my android phone app at work, either I'm listening to dead air when a classical piece comes on or I turn it up and get blown out of my chair (and annoy my coworkers) when a rock/pop/blues song comes on.  A normalization option would be great.

RonByrne

I'm actually giving serious consideration to CANCELING MY SUBSCRIPTION unless this is sorted very very soon. It is the single worst feature about Spotify. How hard can this be to fix? I use the android app and CONSTANTLY have to change the volume when I'm playing a playlist.

PLEASE FIX THIS!!! Or at least show us where the normalisation setting is on the web player. I've spent all day looking for it.

messenjah

so.

i am wondering why a "big company" like spotify cannot solve such a huge problem in a moderate time.

i am premium user too since about 1,5 years but cannot understand why its so hard to make the users happy with a small modification of the mobile app wich very much people use and pay every month.

please spotify team, work out on this and make your customers happy!

🙂

Chrester

This is very important. I use my phone at work to play music but its hopeless as it is now. I had to go back to internet radio instead. This mobile app is just worthless as it is for know.

Grumpy007

It's totally incomprehensible that this hasn't been addressed. Do we need to sue for hearing damage before there is a reaction?

hbee

Can someone at Spotify please tell us why the "Volume normalization" function was removed from the iOS?

https://www.spotify.com/au/blog/archives/2010/03/31/iphone-v4/

Ramrodian

@hbee wrote:

Can someone at Spotify please tell us why the "Volume normalization" function was removed from the iOS?

https://www.spotify.com/au/blog/archives/2010/03/31/iphone-v4/

I don't know about iOS but with the latest update to the Android-version that came last week we got this "Fixed: No more UNEXPECTED SPIKES in volume."

If this have something to do about "Volume Normalization" or full Replaygain, or if it was some other volume bug that could occour, I can't say.

HansGeurtsen

Indeed rediculous that Spotify does not implement something that is standard in any descent MP3 player, iPod, etc....!!! Come on guys, give us this feature!