Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8] Bring Spotify Free to Windows Phone

Hello everyone,

As of yesterday, Windows Phone owners can enjoy access to millions of songs across their smartphones for free. Listen to all your playlists, discover new music, or simply sit back and dig into your favourite artist’s entire back catalogue.

We’re also introducing a series of additional improvements throughout the app. Search results look better than ever before, and we’ve made it easier to browse the artists you love and discover related artists you might grow to love.

Spotify is available to Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 users right now, and can be downloaded in the Windows Phone Store.  Also, you can find more information on our blog.

Edit 18/12/18 - For the latest information on Windows Phone, please head to this thread.

Comments
PieterH

It's really bad form to play commercials advertising free playback on "mobile devices" and not actually provide free playback on mobile devices...

danubemania
I am absolutely stunned that still don't have Spotify free on WP.Please do something about an ever-growing user community 's essential need for this app!!!
boonick
Any progress? We really need that app y'know.
jacobchambers96
How many months later and this service is still limited to iOS and Android. I don't think they give a darn guys. I think Il just carry on using deezer...
drunkwoman

lol just dump spotify and bounce

it's a business - if they don't want to serve WP users then get your music fix elsewhere

if they're discriminatory/unfair then choose to never patronize spotify in the future

Fingleberries

Any word on this?

kpath001
+1 I really would love a free service for Spotify on windows phone....why isn't available yet?
philk

Spotify has just announced the availability of an update to Spotify on Windows Phone, bringing Spotify Free for Mobile to WP at last. It's not available for my phone yet, but I hope the update will arrive shortly. See http://news.spotify.com/us/2014/08/26/windows-phone-free/

EDIT: It's here!

Rorey
Status changed to: Implemented

Hello everyone,

As of yesterday, Windows Phone owners can enjoy access to millions of songs across their smartphones for free. Listen to all your playlists, discover new music, or simply sit back and dig into your favourite artist’s entire back catalogue.

We’re also introducing a series of additional improvements throughout the app. Search results look better than ever before, and we’ve made it easier to browse the artists you love and discover related artists you might grow to love.

Spotify is available to Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 users right now, and can be downloaded in the Windows Phone Store.  Also, you can find more information on our blog.

Edit 18/12/18 - For the latest information on Windows Phone, please head to this thread.

raylindomenech

I was thinking of adding a profile picture setting because not everyone has facebook (like me) i was litterally searching on YouTube how to add picture on spotify. i hope you can help!