Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Update for Windows Phone users

Highlighted
7 people liked this

Update for Windows Phone users

Community Manager
Community Manager

In 2017 we confirmed Spotify for Windows Phone had been placed into maintenance mode.

We want to make current Spotify for Windows Phone users aware that the maintenance mode status is ending in 2019. Windows Phone users will not be able to use Spotify on previously supported Windows Phones with full functionality.

We’ll be winding down the app over a 3-month period, starting December 10th. During this time, functionality of the app will disappear – including the ability to search - and it will eventually stop working.

The following are the system requirements for using Spotify and accessing Spotify content through the Spotify app can be found here.”

48 Replies
2 people liked this

Re: Update for Windows Phone users

Sasso0101
Casual Listener

Hi, are there any alternatives, like third party apps, API's or a mobile-friendly web player?

MichelNH
Music Fan

LS,

When will there come the function 'Spotify connect' to Windows Phone 10, were I use the best phone "HP X3 Elite" with B&O speakers?! But know I've bought me a Denon AVR X-3500H reciever also because of Spotify Connect possibility; "Which I can't find in Spotify for Windows".

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michel

PS: Sorry for my bad English

Geniewood88
Casual Listener

i am having trouble logging in from my laptop can you please help me i log in with facebook and if i log in with email i dont have my music

MichelNH
Music Fan

@Geniewood88 wrote:

i am having trouble logging in from my laptop can you please help me i log in with facebook and if i log in with email i dont have my music

Spotify stops supporting Windows and they don't give any answers. I've a premium account since 2014, but am testing 'Deezer' now and it looks similar. The sad thing is that I'll lose all my playlist, but it's not my choice "it's the choice of Spotify -leaving Windows-!"

Sasso0101
Casual Listener

@MichelNH wrote:

@Geniewood88 wrote:

Spotify stops supporting Windows and they don't give any answers. I've a premium account since 2014, but am testing 'Deezer' now and it looks similar. The sad thing is that I'll lose all my playlist, but it's not my choice "it's the choice of Spotify -leaving Windows-!"

Spotify has not stopped supporting Windows (desktop), just Windows Mibile/Phone. The Windows client (for desktops) is working and it is fully supported.

2 people liked this

MichelNH
Music Fan

@Sasso0101 wrote:

@MichelNH wrote:

@Geniewood88 wrote:

Spotify has not stopped supporting Windows (desktop), just Windows Mibile/Phone. The Windows client (for desktops) is working and it is fully supported.

that's the same, Spotify on Windows is 👎🏻 and stopping making an universal app is leaving Windows! I'm trying out know Deezer!!! 

Rising Star 1 max_e87
Rising Star 1

Believe me you don't want to know how terrible is deezer beta version on windows desktops.

1 person liked this

MichelNH
Music Fan

@max_e87 wrote:

Believe me you don't want to know how terrible is deezer beta version on windows desktops.

What other choice do I have, now Spotify is leaving Windows?! Spotify support on Windows was always**bleep** and NOT making a universal app for Windows  doesn't give me another choice then leaving Spotify!

But saying that; What is the best universal Windows music streamer? 

Thanks

Rising Star 1 max_e87
Rising Star 1

I really don't know if for music streaming services is worth all the efforts to support windows phone.

SUGGESTED POSTS