Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8] Bring Spotify Free to Windows Phone

Hello everyone,

As of yesterday, Windows Phone owners can enjoy access to millions of songs across their smartphones for free. Listen to all your playlists, discover new music, or simply sit back and dig into your favourite artist’s entire back catalogue.

We’re also introducing a series of additional improvements throughout the app. Search results look better than ever before, and we’ve made it easier to browse the artists you love and discover related artists you might grow to love.

Spotify is available to Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 users right now, and can be downloaded in the Windows Phone Store.  Also, you can find more information on our blog.

Edit 18/12/18 - For the latest information on Windows Phone, please head to this thread.

Comments
nuggetsgalore
I do agree that it is just silly to act as if WP doesn't deserve it. We have free adless Pandora for a while more. I would try and sway us now. I did try the app when it was released and have since given up on any resources being put into it. It does not function even close to comparable apps.
blackhawk556
They might as well bring it already because they should know we're going to keep bugging them about it. 😁 The longer they hold out, the more we'll keep bugging.
mobile99
Of course it should be at feature parity with iOS and Android. The app on WP is basically 50% of the functionality of the other mobile OS's which is plain bad. I pay for premium but barely use the app on my Lumia because its no where near as good as other options.
OrangeTang

There is really no reason not to, if they can do it on one mobile OS they can do it on any of them.

fladei

Not only this should be in there, but as well the app should be updated to be at par with the other platforms.
No Radio, no free streaming, not being able to play your own music files from within the app. Please notice that there's an important growth on the amount of WP users.

metsfan421
Bring it to Windows Phone!
sburke45
+1
septpsdm
Why not yet for WP8? Spotify as Sporify.... Should not be any diffrencea between the OS! Let go of the restriction policy now...
Roth

+1 I still use my Lumia 800 and Lumia 900 often. They both run Windows Phone 7.8. It would be great if Spotify arrives on both WP7 and WP8. If not, I'll continue to use Nokia Music then, which is also a free music streaming service.

oscargodson
I'm a paying Spotify customer and have been for years, but would love to see this for others.