Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Bring back Artist page that contains saved songs

After the new mobile app UI update, I can no longer click artist in "Your Library" to find all my saved songs from that artist. It will go the Search artisit page which only have popular songs and all album/singles/ep. This means I can no longer only play the songs I liked from that artist. 

It was not that annoying at first though. I hate the new UI anyway so I spent an hour to rollback the old iOS app.  But now Spotify also updated the Windows Desktop version and the library artist page is gone! Now that's very annoying because I can't rollback to old version and it will always automatically update to the stupid new version.

If Spotify ain't gonna fix this, i'll have to switch to Apple Music.

Updated on 2020-05-12

Hey folks,

We're marking this as implemented.

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.
Right now, on mobile and desktop clicking an artist in Your Library will allow you to view all of the saved songs you've got from that artist.

If you're not seeing this, we'd recommend reaching out by starting a new thread in the help boards.

Thanks!

Comments
smashb
Agreed. Following an artist (which I do occasionally) and saving an artist
or an artist’s song(s) to my profile (which I do all the time) are
completely different, and mutually exclusive, things.

I wish you had iTunes’ features - the ability to sort by any parameter
(including year), dragging songs into playlists, viewing songs, artists,
playlists, genres, etc., and sorting/filtering in a multitude of
ways....BUT, I understand you’re a different kind of service; and I accept
that. So, at the very least, please return to your original format.

I’d be interested in hearing an explanation as to why you changed in the
first place. Perhaps there is some obvious reason that we’re all missing.
But to simply respond that it’s not in your near term plans to make these
changes/updates as if we’re asking for something completely brand new is
absurd.
tyler_u

The follow function doesn't work anyway. I never get notified of new albums or singles from artist i do follow... just a useless function

ChrisA1999
Yes, just bring back the old functionality, *its that simple!*

An easy to use Alphabetical Artist Library is all we want!!!

If not - just give us a logical reason for *why not*?!!

malangrick

First deciding the artist you want to listen to is probably what people do 95% of the time.  Taking this feature off was a really short-sighted and dumb idea.  Put it back or you can expect more people to check out other streaming services, and there are too many for you to ignore the potential lost customers.

iainmacspot

Such a bad change. I used to shuffle Saved Songs in their entirety all the time. 

Please reinstate. 

ccoleman3013

Same - I've been waiting to see if they'll rollback this feature. Been a subscriber for years but this has been the dumbest update I've ever seen. Please explain the rational for not letting you view the songs you saved by artist? That's a very basic feature for any music service. Innovation and trying to improve experience is nice and all, but this is not an improvement. This has been a very important way to play music by artists I like - I don't want to play all of their music or resave each of them now! It'll be a pain to swap to a new service after all this time but if you don't fix it I'm gonna have to.

qrty

Ey @malangrick

hi, I am tired of Spotify after 10 years. What was good now it is so bad. They are making the app impossible to use. Downloaded songs that delete randomly and you do not have them online anymore, this thing with the library, etc.

Which is the best alternative to Spotify?

ajotamina

Moving to apple music...

ken_mrozinski

Agree with previous comments...this is not a New Idea it is a Bug.  The Artists page under the Library section should show all Artists of Songs saved in the Library.  This was working and it no longer works.

Microcuts

This was a very logical search process. To search by artist. I really can’t believe it has been taken away. 

Now all of the songs I saved from all artists have been put into a “like do songs” playlist thousands of songs long! How am i meant to find what I want in there? Surely searching by artist is the logical way. 

Im sure I’m not the only one that used to have a browse through their “Artist Library” just to see what was there. To make a new playlist or just to listen to the odd track. I didn’t have to remember the name of any songs I saved because I could just browse the artists. Now, I have to remember the name of every song I save in order to find it and listen to it again? 

Ive lost hundreds of songs to a playlists that’s unsearchable because I don’t know the names of the songs I want. I just want to have a browse for an artist that makes me go “oooo yeah I remember them. I’ll put them on” 

And now I have to follow every artist in order for them to be saved in my library. I had sooooo many artists in my library that i had only saved one song for or a few. I don’t want to follow every single artist in the world for just one song of theirs. 

Its very frustrating coming to terms with this. A very logical search platform has taken a step backwards. Now I have an unsearchable playlist filled with countless songs I may or may not want to listen to. It’s a shame. The app was perfect in the first place. So why try and “fix” it? Keep it simple. Easy. It’s anything but now. My artist list has shrank by about 80% and I’ve no idea of how to logically just browse through my library of saved songs anymore. 

Sad times. 

Share this on on Facebook with your friends if you agree. Get it voted up above “Not right now” 

Mark