Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Bring back Artist page that contains saved songs

After the new mobile app UI update, I can no longer click artist in "Your Library" to find all my saved songs from that artist. It will go the Search artisit page which only have popular songs and all album/singles/ep. This means I can no longer only play the songs I liked from that artist. 

It was not that annoying at first though. I hate the new UI anyway so I spent an hour to rollback the old iOS app.  But now Spotify also updated the Windows Desktop version and the library artist page is gone! Now that's very annoying because I can't rollback to old version and it will always automatically update to the stupid new version.

If Spotify ain't gonna fix this, i'll have to switch to Apple Music.

Updated on 2020-05-12

Hey folks,

We're marking this as implemented.

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.
Right now, on mobile and desktop clicking an artist in Your Library will allow you to view all of the saved songs you've got from that artist.

If you're not seeing this, we'd recommend reaching out by starting a new thread in the help boards.

Thanks!

Comments
MhgHedberg

Reverse to a My library function that was before. Why cant I listen to the artist I saved and the albums OR singles that I had saved because I LIKED them and JUST them!!!!

Valaquent

Spotify is not going to fix this anytime soon. They have made that pretty clear, and now that they have seperated the artists, albums, and songs like they have the data manipulation to reverse it could be a real pain in the posterior. On top of that, I think those of us who want this fixed, even if there are tens of thousands of us, simply don't add up to enough for them to care about. Not with over 200 millions subscribers.

That being said, there is a workaround to regain some of the old functionality:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-back-Artist-page-that-contains-saved-...

The problem is having albums favorited, you will find the whole album under Artists if it is in your Albums collection. Only Favorite albums that you actually want all of and the Artists tab works a lot better.

@valaquent Agree that Spotify has no intention of 'fixing' this. This workaround makes it very clear the Album tab is completely redundant if used in this way. I wouldn't bother using the album tab because all full or partial albums will be listed under the Artist tab. Sounds good, but no, there is no way to shuffle or sort by download from the Artists tab. Fail Spotify. Fail.

Valaquent

Yeah, the Albums tab are the cause of the songs you didn't favorite being in the Artists tab, screwing with your library. As such, it is pretty useless for anything other than an album you want all of in the Artists tab, and even then it makes more sense to me to just grab the whole album song by song to keep the library consistent.

This change means I'll be cancelling my subscription. Listening to songs I've saved by an artist on shuffle was the #1 way I listen to my music and now it's gone - filtering songs is not an appropriate answer either. Very very unhappy with this change. 

RedMod613

I know I've posted something similar before, but my statement still stands that Saved Songs are better than Liked songs. 

When on mobile and desktop, there's no longer the option to play all the music that I had saved. It only plays "Liked Songs" instead. I don't want to have to go through the trouble of liking each and individual song for it to show up in this playlist.

If I like an album, it doesn't automatically like the songs like when you would save an album. Not only that, but before when saving an album, I was able to fine tune which songs were saved. It made things so much easier, that way I could unsave a song that was already in a different album by the artist and I wouldn't have to listen to it twice in a row or too much if I listened to that artist. 

That also brings me to the whole thing of, if I listen to an artist, duplicates of songs will play. Before, with saved songs, I could fine tune. Not anymore. Even if the song is not liked, sucks for me because I liked the album. And because said song was in the album, and in a couple others too, it's going to play three times. (Yes, I know I can skip the song whether or not it's in shuffle, but if I don't have the song liked, I shouldn't have to listen to it). 

I don't want to have to go an ablum or artist just to listen to a song when I could just go to all songs and click it there. I also don't want to have to go an artist just to listen to their songs. Before, with the "all music" thing, I could hear their music pop up since it was SAVED. Now I have to like each song just to hear it. I used to have about five thousand songs saved. Now because of this, I have to like about 2,500 songs just to hear them play in my Liked Songs? I could even have the songs downloaded, but because they weren't liked they won't show up. 

It feels like Spotify is taking steps backwards rather than forward. Good on them for now enabling us to add entire ablums to playlists, but bad on them for making the listening experience much more tedious.

IMO, they should bring back the "All Songs" playlist and scrap the "Liked Songs" playlist and get rid of the the whole "Liking" feature and change it back to the "Saving" feature like before. 

ChrisA1999
Just clicked on this link above, to posts about returning Spotify library
to how it was - and they have closed it down because they claim we are not
allowed to ask for A SYSTEM ROLLBACK on here!!! But Spotify, that's what
thousands of people are suggesting that is what they want!
tomagilly

Been using Spotify for 5 or 6 years. I have 5,528 'liked songs' meaning I have hundreds if not thousands of artists. I often play my music by selecting an artist and playing all their songs that I 'liked'. Now I know that when I click on artists there's a few at the top that I happen to be following - about 10, and the rest that I am not following is based off recently played? It's seriously infuriating because I relied so heavily on the alphabetical order of all my artists so that I could scroll through and work on playlists. Now it's in completely random order and Spotify expects me to go through my phone and follow every single artist I have saved in my library, and not only that but follow every single new artist I add to my library just so I can have the old alphabetical order of having the artist font back?? HOW is this a convenient option for any of your users? I also have a large number of artists downloaded on my phone but I can't even tell who's downloaded when I'm scrolling through the 'recommended artists' section.  I'm so angry at how inconvenient this has made my listening experience when the ease of access was what I loved so much about Spotify. I have seriously considered moving to apple music and if Spotify doesn't fix this soon, then they've lost another customer. 

tomagilly

Side note to my previous comment, is there any way I can move my whole library (5,528 songs) and (40+) playlists made on Spotify to another streaming service platform? Some sort of app or will I have to start fresh?