Zoom options

Zoom options to change all elements, including text size, spacing, etc.

It would be nice to have some zoom options to change the text size in the desktop application. It could be separate options for the sidebar and the main screen.

Updated: 2016-03-07

Hey folks--now you can zoom in and zoom out of the Desktop app using the View settings in the Toolbar. Thanks for your great idea @OviiiOne!

Related Ideas

Comments
sidewinder03
Regular

@jwylot I agree it's not just the text size...if that gets reduced I would also expect the spacing to be reduced.

I updated to the new version at home last night and wasn't expecting such a drastic change. Not only is it harder on the eyes, being darker with more contrast, but everything is too spread out meaning more scrolling. I still have the previous version on my office computer and wow, it's so much easier on the eyes. I get some of the design decisions/direction but IMO this isn't any more useful. 

Having read another comment about it being touch-friendly, the increased spacing makes more sense. But we're not all using touch devices.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28

@Joe How does that sound now?

Joe
Community Legend

Awesome @Marco, nice job :)

Smits

Would also preffer smaller spacing between songs and a smaller font.

rhythmcat

Agreed, I really miss the old desktop user interface -- the new UI displays so much less information on the screen.

infiniti1027

OMG, holy hell what is going on???  I did the update today and geez louise everything is enormous!!!  WHY???    This happened on Facebook's recent update too.  Why does everything have to get so BIG with every update????  OMG, I may be part of GenX and I may be 44 years old but I am not blind yet!!! 

Can something PLEASE be done about this?  I seriously cannot function in spotify with kindergarten font.

Joe
Community Legend

I'm actually using the web player more than the desktop client at the moment. CTRL-mouse wheel works wonders!

Y2Ken

This would be great. I really like the look of the current UI but the text is a touch too big and things feel too spaced out. It means you can't really fit a lot on screen. I usually have Spotify open on my second monitor (22") and it feels as though it is scaled for a bigger screen. For comparison: on my 32" main monitor it looks a lot better, but that isn't an ideal place to have the app running and I'm sure the average user isn't using a screen that large.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

2014-06-18

Hey folks! We're here to let you know this idea is currently "Not right now".

For now please continue giving your kudos and comments here. Thanks for your contributions! We'll keep you guys up-to-date if there are any changes to this idea.

karanchawla

'cmd+' shortcut is not working. I think it's a bug.

So, I tried 'shift cmd +' and it worked. However, in the menu, it says 'cmd+'