Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

armhf Spotify library for DIY projects

Me and many others have bought inexpensive ARM based hardware for media center use. Sadly most Linux distributions for these platforms are built with hardware floating point calculation only, and the Spotify library for ARM is software only.

Would you be kind enough to compile an armhf version of libspotify for us? Based on the number of orders on the Raspberry Pi platform alone I would expect the potential number of Premium service users of this library to be 100.000+.

Hello! Sorry for the delay on updating this but we’re pleased to announce the beta release of libspotify 12.1.103 for hardfloat armv6, allowing native support for platforms like the Raspberry Pi. You can find more info here: http://devnews.spotify.com/2013/01/22/libspotify-12-for-hardfloat-armv6-raspberry-pi-beta/ Thanks!
Comments
madalu

+1

I am currently on the 1 month premium trial. A hard float build of libspotify for the raspberry pi would help me make my decision whether to commit to a premium subscription.

da_goon
+1
paystey

+1

need this for a Raspberry Pi implementation too

Salmondp

+1

Have built an excellent media centre using squeezeplug + xbmc.

Connects over HDMI to the same av receiver as my Sonos ZP90.

Sound quality is comparable!

only difference being that I can use Spotify on my Sonos but not on my RPI.

come on spotify you could make this amazing piece of kit a Sonos killer. £30 vs £260

LRoK
+1
CyberJacob

Hi All,

I have yet to test it, but there is now a soft-float version of Raspbian avalable for the Raspberry Pi.

From what I can tell, it might be a bit slower than the hard-float version, due to it's lack of hardware acceleration, but should allow the spotify libraries to run!

Regards,

Jacob

CyberJacob

Interesting...

The examples compile, but segfault whenever run on the Pi.

I'm going to keep looking into this, see if we can get them running!

la8pv

+1

AlanL

+1 from me too

A great library for a great platorm!

raiden1985

+1