Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
SamMoore

Seriously, hurry up with the Apple Watch streaming. You are going to lose so many subscribers.

Zambibambi1
Spotify would rather push their personal vendetta against Apple than do what's best for their "fans" as they call them.
Gareth321

I cannot believe how long it is taking to add this simple feature.

Wow, 4.700.

Just a few people ahaha 

Jimbo768

I'm a 4 year spotify customer who used to have multiple personal accounts and now has a family plan and will be moving my family over to apple icloud family plan if spotify doesn't resolve the apple watch problem. 

hoo_3y-l997dj

How is this still not a thing at this point? Millions of fitness enthusiasts would love to have the ability to leave their phone at home or in their car when they go for a run or go to the gym. This is a no brainer, I thought!

stu517
They do. They use Apple Music and ditch Spotify
hoo_3y-l997dj
Obviously this wasn't the solution I was looking for. But thanks for your 2
cents.
stu517
i have been watching this thread for over a year - Spotify has never
responded to a post or acknowledged it in any way
PapaJoe2
And THAT is the real problem for me. If Spotify would simply provide an update and tell us, “hey, we’re working on a solution. Please be patient”, I would be more understanding. But to completely ignore the problem and go radio-silent on your customers is unacceptable.