Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
k_czka

Where? Tell us...

michanbg

If you are Premium Subscriber:

Start the App on the Watch, tap the phone symbol on the right lower corner and switch to your Apple Watch. Then select the phones to use and you are ready to go 👍

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-22 um 21.09.02.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-09-22 um 21.10.39.png

k_czka

Yeah I'm on premium and I don't have that watch option. I saw that back in the day when they started to test that and still it is not available for all... You suck Spotify

k_czka
    Spoiler

**bleep** im sorry. Scratch that above comment. Did not know that I have to restart watch, log out and log in after getting premium....

Just found out

You need to go to playlist on iPhone and press three dots .. and select download to Apple Watch. Need perform this set for all. Spotify true is very easy to use … what a piece of **bleep**

I thought Spotify was crying out loud apple doesn’t give them option. Where is our option to be able to pay through App Store? Oh wait doesn’t suit your narrative lol 

M_Mattia

I would love it if you could also download your favorite songs to the Apple Watch, and not have to create a playlist where you add all your favorite songs, and when a new song comes you have to manually add it to the playlist.

t3chfre4k

Awesome idea, what would also be an awesome idea was if spotify brought back the playlist radio feature which they removed just recently.

Bring playlist radio back, vote here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Bring-back-Playlist-radio/idc-p/5588382#M262540

t3chfre4k

Nice to see this get realised, what would also be nice to realise was if spotify brought back the playlist radio feature which they removed just recently.

Bring playlist radio back, vote here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Bring-back-Playlist-radio/idc-p/5588382#M262540

JakubMat

It works 

I had to uninstall Spotify and again install it.

after that my Spotify log in automatically to my profile with premium account